These low carb and Keto chili lime baked chicken legs are easy to make and tasty to eat. And they are a zero carb food.
Sunday morning, the family is off shopping and I'm at home eating chili lime chicken legs.
So it's shaping up to be a great day. I've also been catching up on the old Facebook, and I just happened upon the most amazing video.
The video below is the flour routine of UCLA gymnast Katelyn Ohashi.
It's set to the music of Michael Jackson and is in turns adorable and breathtaking. She's got the Michael Jackson moves down. The routine earns her a perfect 10 which I wholeheartedly agree with.
I can also wholeheartedly recommend these low carb and Keto chili lime chicken legs.
I started out by marinading the drumsticks in a mixture of olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Then I found the secret to crispy chicken legs on Low Carb Yum. She bakes the chicken legs on a cooling rack that's placed on top of a cookie sheet. She also recommends baking them at 450 degrees F for the first 20 minutes to crisp up the skin and then down to 375 degrees F for another ½ hour. I followed these instructions and make some truly killer chicken legs.
I give them a perfect 10.
Keto Chili Lime Chicken Legs
These low carb keto chili lime baked chicken legs are easy to make and tasty to eat.
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 chicken legs 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
10 chicken legs (about 3 ¼ pounds)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice (from 1 lime)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, as desired
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Wash chicken legs and dry with paper towels.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together spices, olive oil and lime juice.
3. Dip each chicken leg in marinade and use your hands to coat the leg with marinade. Add chicken legs to a resealable container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack on top of the cookie sheet.
5. Arrange chicken legs on rack and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Turn the heat down to 375 degrees F and carefully flip the chicken legs using tongs.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until skin is crispy and internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Serving Size: 2 chicken legs
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 14
Keywords: Low Carb Lime Chicken Legs, Keto Lime Chicken Legs, Paleo Lime Chicken Legs