This recipe for Gluten Free Keto Strawberry Jello Cream Pie is the perfect summertime dessert. And each slice has just 4g net carbs.
"Give in! Give in! Give in to the taste!" Sugar-Free Jello commercial
Today I'm going to share a recipe for Keto Strawberry Jello Cream Pie, but first I want to show you something funny. It's a commercial for Sugar-Free Jello from back in the day. This was back when Sugar Free Jello started using this brand new sweetener called NutraSweet.
This lead to a renewed interest in Jello, and some extremely happy aerobic dancers.
But you have to admit, the old Jello commercials make some good points.
Jello really is one of the easiest desserts you can make. And luckily for us, Sugar-Free Jello has just 5 calories and zero carbs per serving, so it's low carb and Keto compliant to boot. And did I mention that it's Gluten-Free?
Yep, Sugar-Free Jello is gluten-free as well.
This recipe is based on a classic easy Jello Pie that uses a pre-made graham cracker crust and a mixture of Jello and Cool Whip.
But when you are doing low carb, almost nothing is this simple. Both Cool Whip and ready-made crusts are full of sugar and therefore off limits. So for this low carb Jello cream pie, I used a great faux graham cracker crust from the gnom-gnom blog.
And I used Jello because it's a quick way to get a robust Strawberry flavored filling.
First, you make the low carb graham cracker crust.
Then you fill it with a mixture of Jello, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream and erythritol and top it with whipped cream.
And soon you'll have a slice of Keto Strawberry Cream Pie with only 4g net carbs.
So just give in, give in, give in to the taste!Print
Keto Strawberry Cream Pie
This recipe for low carb and Keto strawberry Jello cream pie is the perfect summertime dessert. And each slice has just 4g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Graham Cracker Crust:
½ cup butter, melted
2 cups super fine almond flour*
1 teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon salt
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 (.3 oz) box Sugar-Free Strawberry Jello
½ cup water
¼ cup Confectioner's Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
2 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
⅓ cup Confectioner's Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
2 tablespoons warm water
1 envelope Knox Unflavored Gelatin or equivalent unflavored gelatin
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in the microwave, 60-90 seconds
3. Toast almond flour in a large dry skillet over Medium heat, stirring constantly until medium brown, 5-6 minutes.
4. In a medium sized bow, mix together almond flour, cinnamon and salt. Add melted butter and stir until fully combined.
5. Press the graham cracker crust into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until browned around the edges.
7. Put the crust into the freezer to cool until you need it.
8. Add Jello, ½ cup water and ¼ cup powdered sweetener to a medium sized sauce pan and cook for several minutes over Medium heat until dissolved.
9. Add softened cream cheese and Jello mixture to a large bowl and beat using an electric mixer until fully combined. Chill in the refrigerator until needed.
10. Add cream and remaining ⅓ cup powdered sweetener to a clean large bowl and whip with the electric mixer until soft peaks form. In a small bowl, mix together unflavored gelatin and 2 tablespoons warm water until smooth and dissolved. Beat the gelatin into the whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
11. Fold half of the whipped cream into the Strawberry Jello mixture and add to the pie pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Add remaining whipped cream on top of the pie.
12. Chill for 3 hours before serving.
*If you take this pie to a party, make sure to clearly mark that it contains nuts. Most people don’t expect a pie to use almond flour, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat it.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 483
- Fat: 50
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Low Carb Strawberry Cream Pie, Keto Strawberry Cream Pie, Low Carb Jello Pic, Keto Jello Pie