This Keto scallop recipe is one of those unicorn recipes that is suitable whether you are on a low carb, Keto, paleo, primal, Whole30 or THM diet. Plus... it's got bacon
Today I'm going to show you how to make a super simple Keto scallop recipe. This is one of those unicorn recipes that you can eat whether you are on a low carb, keto, paleo, primal, Whole30 or THM diet. And many more, I'd wager.
But are scallops Keto?
They might not have the high fat content that other Keto proteins have, but each 3 oz serving of scallops has just 1g carbs. And this recipe is for bacon wrapped scallops, so you've got the fat covered.
What if the scallops TASTE like STP, THE CHEMICAL USED TO KEEP SCALLOPS FRESH?
The solution to getting rid of the STP taste is to brine the scallops in mixture of salt, lemon juice and water. The result still has STP, but the flavor is masked by the lemon juice. Clever. But if you use "dry" scallops that haven't been packaged in STP, then you can skip the brine.
There are just 4 steps to this Keto scallop recipe.
First you wrap some sea scallops in bacon. You brush the scallops with olive oil, and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Then you broil them for 5-6 minutes per side. And you're done. You'll have a delicious surf and turf skewer that is just right for whatever diet you happen to be on.
Keto Bacon Wrapped Scallop Skewers
This recipe for Keto bacon wrapped scallops is one of those unicorn recipes that is suitable whether you are on a low carb, paleo, primal, Whole30 or THM diet.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
1 quart water
2 tablespoons salt
¼ cup lemon juice
12 oz large scallops
8-10 slices bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
- If the scallops are "dry" and not packed in an STP and salt water solution, then move on to step 2. If they are "wet" scallops, then brine them in a mixture of 1 quart water, 2 tablespoons salt and ¼ cup fresh lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Cut bacon slices to fit each sea scallop one time around.
- Wrap scallops and add to wooden skewers.
- Brush the scallops with olive oil on both sides and salt and pepper them.
- Broil for 5-6 minutes per side until scallops are browned and bacon is cooked through
- Serving Size: 4 scallops
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 29
Keywords: Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Keto Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Paleo Bacon Wrapped Scallops