I just had the best lunch.
It was a keto lunch of eggs and biscuits with sausage cream gravy, a Southern classic, if there ever was one. It put me into a Southern state of mind.
So I dusted off my copy of the O Brother, Where Art Though? soundtrack.
I forgot how good these old Southern tunes were! I found a clip from the film of the Soggy Bottom Boys singing “Constant Sorrow”. (Video Below) It’s a hoot.
But let’s talk gravy.
This recipe is for low carb biscuits with a creamy sausage gravy. It’s a decadent keto meal that makes for a great breakfast or brunch. And each serving has just 3g net carbs, so it’s time for a low carb hootenanny.
Low Carb Keto Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
These low carb biscuits with sausage gravy make for a great Southern brunch.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 large eggs
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 pound breakfast sausage
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup water, divided
1/2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease 6 wells of a muffin pan.
2. Melt biscuit butter and set aside to cool.
3. Mix coconut flour and baking powder in a medium sized bowl.
4. Lightly beat eggs and mix with melted butter in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Mix in the cheese.
6. Divide the batter into 6 wells of the cupcake pan and smooth the tops with your fingers.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
9. Add 1 tablespoon butter to a large skillet and melt over Medium High heat.
10. Add sausage and brown, breaking it up into bits, 5 minutes.
11. Add heavy cream and 1/4 cup water to the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 12 minutes.
12. Dissolve arrowroot powder in 1/4 cup water. Add arrowroot mixture to the pan and return to a simmer.
13. Simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
14. Add remaining butter to the pan and mix to melt.
15. Cut biscuits in half and pour 1/4 cup sausage gravy on top.
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit + 1/4 cup sausage gravy
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 34
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 19
Keywords: Low Carb Sausage Gravy, Keto Sausage Gravy, Low Carb Biscuits, Keto Biscuits
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you like this Southern dish, then you might like my Cheese Biscuits, Cheese Grits, or Spicy Cheese Pecan Crackers.