I just had the best lunch.
It was a keto lunch of eggs and biscuits with sausage cream gravy, a Southern classic, if there ever was one. It put me into a Southern state of mind.
So I dusted off my copy of the O Brother, Where Art Though? soundtrack.
I forgot how good these old Southern tunes were! I found a clip from the film of the Soggy Bottom Boys singing “Constant Sorrow”. (Video Below) It’s a hoot.
But let’s talk gravy.
This recipe is for low carb biscuits with a creamy sausage gravy. It’s a decadent keto meal that makes for a great breakfast or brunch. And each serving has just 3g net carbs, so it’s time for a low carb hootenanny.
Low Carb Keto Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
These low carb biscuits with sausage gravy make for a great Southern brunch.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 large eggs
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 pound breakfast sausage
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup water, divided
1/2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease 6 wells of a muffin pan.
2. Melt biscuit butter and set aside to cool.
3. Mix coconut flour and baking powder in a medium sized bowl.
4. Lightly beat eggs and mix with melted butter in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Mix in the cheese.
6. Divide the batter into 6 wells of the cupcake pan and smooth the tops with your fingers.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
9. Add 1 tablespoon butter to a large skillet and melt over Medium High heat.
10. Add sausage and brown, breaking it up into bits, 5 minutes.
11. Add heavy cream and 1/4 cup water to the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 12 minutes.
12. Dissolve arrowroot powder in 1/4 cup water. Add arrowroot mixture to the pan and return to a simmer.
13. Simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
14. Add remaining butter to the pan and mix to melt.
15. Cut biscuits in half and pour 1/4 cup sausage gravy on top.
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit + 1/4 cup sausage gravy
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 34
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 19
Keywords: Low Carb Sausage Gravy, Keto Sausage Gravy, Low Carb Biscuits, Keto Biscuits
If you like this Southern dish, then you might like my Cheese Biscuits, Cheese Grits, or Spicy Cheese Pecan Crackers.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.