I’ve come here today to give a eulogy for canned cranberry sauce.
Or as Zoolander might put it, a eugoogley. (video below)
Once you make your own sugar free cranberry sauce, you will never go back to those sugary can shaped monstrosities that pass themselves off as cranberry sauce. They could never compete with the recipe I’m about to share. It’s got four ingredients, comes together in 10 minutes, and tastes divine.
Oranges are frowned upon in low carb circles, but we’ve got an orange cheat for this recipe.
We’ll use orange zest to give the sauce a lovely citrus note, but without any extra carbs. This is a recipe that can totally pass for normal cranberry sauce. Bring it to Thanksgiving and no one will be the wiser.
So RIP Canned Cranberry Sauce. We barely knew ye.
Low Carb Keto Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
This is a low carb and sugar-free cranberry sauce with only 1g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (12 oz) bag of cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener plus
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
1. Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium high heat until it boils.
2. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 8-10 minutes until the cranberries pop and the sauce thickens. Check for sweetness and add more sweetener if necessary.
3. Sprinkle some extra orange zest on top and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 9
- Fat: <1
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: <1
Keywords: Low Carb Cranberry Sauce, Keto Cranberry Sauce, Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
You’ll need this specialty ingredient:
If you liked this low carb cranberry recipe, then you might like my recipes for Cranberry Greek Yogurt, Lemon Cheesecake with Cranberry Sauce or my Cranberry Pecan Muffins.