My name is Emily and I'm a graphic designer and mother of two awesome kids. I'm also a Type 1 diabetic, so a few years back I made a New Year's resolution to cut out sugar and switch to a low-carb diet. I've tried out a million low carb and Ketogenic recipes since then and I've come up with some really good recipes of my own. This blog is about keeping my New Year's resolution year after year.
I've got the most delicious dessert recipe to share.
It’s a chocolate mousse recipe that is going to knock your socks off.
The recipe is based on a chocolate mousse that I found on Tasteaholics. They are really great at simplifying recipes down to just a handful of ingredients and only a few steps. And they've got a series of cookbooks called In Five, where each recipe has 5 ingredients, 5 steps and 5 or less net carbs. I love the simplicity of it.
These bowls of chocolate mousse might not look like much, but don’t let your eyes fool you.
This sugar-free mousse is a very chocolatey and decadent dessert. It’s light and airy and has only 5g net carbs per serving. Not too shabby for a bowl of low carb chocolate mousse.
prep time: 15 minscook time: 3 minstotal time: 18 mins
This recipe for Low Carb Keto Chocolate Mousse is both easy and delicious.
4 oz cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks
1 oz Lilly's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
1/4 cup powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
whipped cream topping:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Cook chocolate chips and 1/4 cup whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat until melted and combined. Transfer it into a small bowl and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Make the whipped cream topping next. In a large bowl, beat together 1/2 cup whipping cream, 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a small bowl and put it in the refrigerator.
3. In the large bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup powered sweetener until stiff peaks form. Add in softened cream cheese and beat until it is fully incorporated and fluffy.
4. Beat in cocoa powder, vanilla, melted chocolate mixture and salt until fully combined.
5. Divide the mousse into 4 small ramekins.
6. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. Top each ramekin with whipped cream.