This recipe for Keto garlic bread is the perfect way to start a meal. And luckily for us, each of these low carb rolls has just 5g net carbs.
When you are on a low carb or Keto diet, you get used to refusing the bread.
“Would you ladies like to start with some crusty Italian bread with a garlic and herb butter? My mouth says no, but my brain says, “Yes!! Give me that gaddam garlic bread!!”
Well, I can’t help you turn down those tempting bread baskets, but I can give you a recipe for Keto garlic bread.
This low carb garlic bread is sure to satisfy your bread cravings. The Keto garlic rolls that we are going to make today are made with Fat Head dough, so the net carb count is just 5g.
But what’s…Fat Head dough?
You’ve probably heard of it before. It’s a Keto bread dough made from mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond or coconut flour, baking powder and eggs. These ingredients might not sound like they could make bread, but they actually do quite a good impression of it.
Now garlic bread, normal garlic bread, is pretty simple to make.
You just spread garlic butter on bread and toast it. But we are on a low carb diet, so nothing is that easy. So for these Keto garlic bread, we’ll be making our own dough, forming the dough into balls, rolling them in herbs and parmesan cheese, baking them up and then covering them in garlic butter. Sure, it’ll take longer to make, but at the end of it you’ll have a pan of delicious garlic bread rolls with only 5g net carbs each.
So the next time the waiter asks if you would like some bread, you’ll calmly say,
“No, just a salad for me.”
Garlic Bread Rolls [Low Carb & Keto]
This recipe for low carb and Keto garlic bread rolls is just the thing if you need to ward off a vampire. And luckily for us, each piece has just 5g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 20 rolls 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
2 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 oz cream cheese
3 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup super fine almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a small 8 inch cast iron skillet liberally.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine. Microwave for another minute and stir again until smooth and fully combined. If it hasn’t completely melted, then cook for another 30 seconds and stir again.
3. Mix together beaten eggs, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
4. Mix dry ingredients into the cheese mixture and mix well until fully combined.
5. Mix together parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning on a shallow plate.
6. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out portions of dough. Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and roll the dough balls in the parmesan cheese until covered on all sides.
7. Arrange the dough balls in the cast iron skillet. You’ll need to make a few a little smaller in order to fit them into the middle of the pan.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Loosely cover with a piece of foil at minute 10 to keep it from browning too much.
9. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave butter and minced garlic for 2 minutes. Use a spoon to pour the garlic butter over each piece of bread.
10. Best served warm. Can be reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 279
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 15
Keywords: Keto Garlic Bread, Keto Bread Rolls, Low Carb Garlic Bread
If you liked this low carb bread recipe, then you might like my recipes for Farmer’s Yeast Bread, Rye Bread, or Cheesy Beer Bread.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that they are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.44