Greetings garlic lovers.
Today I’m going to share a recipe for low carb garlic bread rolls, which will come in handy if you are ever attacked by a vampire.
Just eat one piece of this tasty garlic bread, and you’ll be covered.
Now garlic bread, normal garlic bread, is pretty simple to make. You just spread garlic butter on bread and toast it. Done and done. But we are on a low carb diet, so nothing is that easy. For this recipe, we’ll be making our own dough, baking it up and then covering it in garlic butter. It’s an extra step or two, but it will be worth it.
To make these low carb garlic bread rolls, you’ll need to know how to make “Fat Head” dough.
You’ve probably heard of it before. It’s a Keto bread dough made from mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour, baking powder and eggs. These ingredients might not sound like they could make bread, but they actually do quite a good impression of it.
Once you’ve got your bread dough, then you are halfway home.
All you need to do is form the dough into balls, roll them in parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning, and bake them up in a cast iron pan. You pour some garlic butter sauce on top and you’re done. You’ll have a delicious pan of garlic bread rolls with only 5g net carbs each.
So watch out Prince of Darkness, we’re not afraid of you.Print
Garlic Bread [Low Carb & Keto]
This recipe for low carb and Keto garlic bread is just the thing if you need to ward off a vampire. And luckily for us, each piece has just 5g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 20 rolls
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
2 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 oz cream cheese
3 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup super fine almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a small 8 inch cast iron skillet liberally.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine. Microwave for another minute and stir again until smooth and fully combined. If it hasn’t completely melted, then cook for another 30 seconds and stir again.
3. Mix together beaten eggs, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
4. Mix dry ingredients into the cheese mixture and mix well until fully combined.
5. Mix together parmesan cheese and parsley on a shallow plate.
6. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out portions of dough. Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and roll the dough balls in the parmesan cheese until covered on all sides.
7. Arrange the dough balls in the cast iron skillet. You’ll need to make a few a little smaller in order to fit them into the middle of the pan.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Loosely cover with a piece of foil at minute 10 to keep it from browning too much.
9. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave butter and minced garlic for 2 minutes. Use a spoon to pour the garlic butter over each piece of bread.
10. Best served warm. Can be reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 279
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 15
Keywords: Low Carb Garlic Bread, Keto Garlic Bread, Low Carb Garlic Knots, Keto Garlic Knots
If you liked this Fat Head dough recipe, then you might like my recipes for Chocolate Babka, Mushroom Crescents or Everything Bagels.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe below. You should know that they are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.