Heart shaped Keto shortbread cookies are the perfect dessert to make for your sweetie. It’s true low carb love with only 3g net carbs per cookie.
3 cups super fine almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
11 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup Lily’s chocolate chips or equivalent sugar-free sweetener
Stoka sprinkles or equivalent sugar-free sprinkles
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all dry cookie ingredients.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
3. Combine wet mixture and dry mixture until a dough forms.
4. Use a pastry cutter to mix the softened butter into the dough.
5. Cut the dough in half. Form each half into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
6. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
7. Remove one ball of dough from the refrigerator and place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch thick oval.
8. Use a cookie cutter to cut the cookie dough into heart shapes and place them onto a parchment covered cookie sheet with 1/2 inch between cookies. Form the remaining dough into a ball, roll it out and cut out more cookies.
9. Bake time will vary, depending on how large the cookies are. Start checking the cookies at minute 10, and remove from the oven when the edges are just beginning to brown. Repeat with the second ball of dough.
10. Cool cookies for at least 1 hour before topping with chocolate.
11. Add chocolate chips to a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted, 60-90 seconds.
12. Use a knife to spread chocolate over one side of each cookie.
13. Shake the sprinkles over the chocolate side and cool until chocolate hardens.
You can use white chocolate chips to top the other half of the cookies if you’d like. Use 3/4 cup of ChocoZero’s White Chocolate Chips or equivalent.
Keywords: Keto Heart Cookie, Gluten-Free Heart Cookie, Low Carb Heart Cookie