This recipe for dairy-free Keto coconut custard could not be easier to make, and every bowl has just 3g net carbs.
I saw the most adorable thing on Facebook today.
It’s a trio of child musicians from Mexico named Los Bañales Juniors. (video below) These three have won my heart.
I love the impromptu horse accompaniment in the background.
The kids just smile and play on. They are so cute. I can’t even handle it.
But let’s return to the non-cute world for a minute and talk about dairy-free egg custard.
So far I’ve posted recipes for low carb egg custard, pumpkin custard, lemon custard and flan. Today’s recipe is in that same family. But it uses coconut milk as its base, so it’s lighter than the other cream based custards. It tastes like vanilla egg custard with just a hint of coconut. It’s really good.
But now I must get back to the cuteness. Adiós!
Low Carb Keto Coconut Egg Custard
This recipe for low carb dairy-free coconut custard could not be easier to make, and every bowl has just 3g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 55
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (13.5) can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and put a full kettle of water on to boil. 2. Whisk together the eggs, sweetener and salt. 3. Heat coconut milk and heavy cream until barely simmering. 4. Slowly whisk heated coconut milk into egg mixture to temper it. 5. Stir in vanilla extract. 6 Pour into 5 custard cups. 7. Place cups in a 13×9 inch baking pan. Fill the pan with hot water. 8. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. 9. Remove cups to a wire rack and cool for an hour before moving to the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour. 10. Store in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 24
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Coconut Custard, Keto Coconut Custard, Sugar-Free Coconut Custard
If you liked this custard recipe, then you might like my recipes for Egg Custard, Pumpkin Custard or Flan.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.