This recipe for low carb and Keto gingerbread cookies is gluten-free, sugar-free and grain-free. (All the free’s.) And each cookies has just 2g net carbs.
2 cups super fine almond flour
1/4 cup Isopure Protein Powder or equivalent zero carb protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 teaspoons Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
1 tablespoon gingerbread spice blend or ground ginger
1 large egg white
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
1 large egg tolk
1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
1. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, granulated sweetener, and gingerbread spice. Use a wooden spoon to smash the big clumps of brown sugar substitute against the walls of the bowl to break them up.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together egg white, butter and syrup.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
4. Shape the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment until it is 1/8 inch thick.
7. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and add to the prepared cookie sheets.
8. Mix together egg yolk and almond milk wash. Brush mixture over each cookie.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes until firm and slightly browned around the edges.
10. Cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for several days, in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for 6 months.
THERE ARE STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOGRAPHS BELOW THE RECIPE
Keywords: Low Carb Gingerbread Cookies, Keto Gingerbread Cookies, Low Carb Ginger Cookies, Keto Ginger Cookies