Have I got a treat for you today. I’m going to show you how to make a low carb and keto Instant Pot meal of pork and sauerkraut. But first, I’d like to take a short detour into the land of origin for this meal. I found the funniest German video and I can’t not share it.
As you can see, it’s a music video of sorts.
It’s a video of two German fellows, dressed in traditional garb and playing what appear to be electronic instruments made out of tree branches. They play this catchy little ditty that includes chirping like birds. Birds in lederhosen. This video is not to be missed.
But annnnnny hoo.
We better get to the pork loin and sauerkraut meal. No time to dilly dally.
This is a meal that comes together easily in an Instant Pot.
It’s a hearty feast of pork loin, with sauerkraut on top of creamy mashed cauliflower. It’s very close to the traditional New Year’s Day feast, just with the mashed potatoes swapped out for cauliflower. And each serving has just 11g net carbs, so it’s compliant for low carb and Keto diets.
Let’s get to it then.
You start by searing a 2 1/2 pound pork loin on the Saute High setting on your Instant Pot. It’ll take 2-3 minutes per side.
Place the pork loin on the Instant Pot rack. Add 1 cup water to the pan and top the pork loin with 1 cup thinly sliced red onions and 5 cloves garlic.
Set the Instant Pot for 35 minutes at High pressure. While the pork loin is cooking, you can make the cauliflower mash. Start by sauting 24oz of cauliflower rice in 3 tablespoons butter for 4 minutes over Medium High heat.
Add 2 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to the pan and bring it to a boil over Medium High heat.
Cover the pan, lower the heat to Low and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the cauliflower rice and reserve the cooking liquid.
Add cooked cauliflower along with 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid to a high powered blender or food processor.
Process until smooth. Keep the lid on the blender to keep the mashed cauliflower warm.
Once the pork is done cooking, quick release the steam. Add 14 oz drained sauerkraut on top of the pork loin and pressure cook for 5 more minutes.
Remove the pork loin from the Instant Pot and check that the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees F. If it hasn’t, then put it back into the Instant Pot for a few more minutes to cook in the residual heat. Let the pork loin rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Arrange the pork loin on a platter with sauerkraut on top and on the sides. Serve with the mashed cauliflower on the side.
And there you have it.
Not too hard to make. And it comes together in less than 30 minutes so it’s perfect for weeknight dinners. But it’s fancy enough for holidays too. This way, you can spend more time working on your tasty sugar-free desserts. Ok, now I must be going.
I’ve got to get my electric German groove on.Print
Low Carb Keto Instant Pot Pork and Sauerkraut Meal
This traditional pork and sauerkraut meal is made quickly in an Instant Pot. It’s naturally low carb and keto and is accompanied by mashed cauliflower.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 17
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: German
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 pound pork loin, fat trimmed off
1 red onion, sliced thinly
5 cloves garlic
1 cup water
14 oz sauerkraut, drained
3 tablespoons butter
24 oz cauliflower rice or 1 small riced cauliflower
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1. Set Instant Pot to Saute High and sear the pork loin in olive oil for 2-3 minutes per side.
2. Remove the pork loin from the pan and scrape up any browned bits. Add the rack to the Instant Pot and place the pork loin on it. Add water to the Instant Pot. Top the pork loin with the onions and garlic cloves.
3. Pressure cook on High for 35 minutes.
4. While the pork is cooking, you can make the mashed cauliflower. Melt butter in a large skillet over Medium High heat.
5. Add cauliflower rice and saute for 3 minutes.
6. Add salt and water and bring to a boil.
7. Cover the pan and lower the heat to Low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Drain cauliflower rice and reserve cooking liquid.
9. Add cauliflower rice and 3 tablespoons cooking liquid to a food processor or high powered blender and process until smooth. Keep the lid on the blender to keep the mashed cauliflower warm.
10. Once the pork is done cooking, quick release the steam and open the Instant Pot.
11. Add sauerkraut on top of the pork loin and pressure cook for 5 more minutes. The internal temperature of the pork loin should be at least 145 degrees F. If it hasn’t then you can put it back into the Instant Pot for a few more minutes to cook in the residual heat.
12. Allow the pork loin to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
13. Serve slices of pork loin on top of sauerkraut and mashed cauliflower.
- Calories: 569
- Fat: 31
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 66
Keywords: Instant Pot Pork Loin with Sauerkraut, Low Carb Pork Loin with Sauerkraut, Keto Pork Loin with Sauerkraut