This recipe for low carb and Keto strawberry rhubarb cobbler is a tasty summer dessert with only 10g net carbs per serving.
Today’s recipe is for low carb strawberry rhubarb cobbler, a down home country recipe if there ever was one.
So I thought I’d start out with some good old down home country music from Pete Drake. (video below)
This guy was one of the pioneers of electronic music. He came up with something he called a “talking steel guitar” that amplified and distorted his voice. The whole thing reminds me of a David Lynch movie. Strange but kind of wonderful.
Now that we’ve listened to the electric stylings of Pete Drake, we can get to that down home cooking I promised.
This strawberry rhubarb cobbler is a low carb take on a classic dessert. To make it, you start by combining diced rhubarb and strawberries with some arrowroot and sugar-free sweetener. Then mix up a low carb biscuit topping using coconut and almond flour. Bake it in a casserole dish or in individual ramekins and you’re done. You’ll have a tasty summer dessert with only 10g net carbs per serving.
It’s just the thing when you are in the mood for real down home country cooking.
Low Carb Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
This recipe for low carb strawberry rhubarb cobbler is a tasty summer dessert with only 10g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 5 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 – inch pieces
- 3 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1. Set oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 x 9 inch pan or 8 individual ramekins.
2. Mix the rhubarb, strawberries, arrowroot powder and 1 1/4 cup sweetener, and place in the baking dish or 8 ramekins.
3. Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, 3 tablespoons sweetener, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
4. Cut in the butter to make a crumbly mixture.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and cream.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well to combine.
7. Drop by spoonfuls on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes if using ramekins or 35-40 minutes if using a 9 x 9 pan. Bake until the top is browned and the filling is bubbling. Check in at minute 25 and if the topping is browned enough then top loosely with tin foil and continue cooking until the filling is bubbling.
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Strawberry Cobbler, Keto Strawberry Cobbler, Low Carb Rhubarb Cobbler, Keto Rhubarb Cobbler
If you liked this Strawberry Shortcake, then you might like my recipes for Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberry Layer Cake, or Strawberry Pie.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.