Who knew you could make a low carb Alfredo sauce out of cauliflower? It's a creamy Keto Alfredo sauce with only 3g net carbs.
Some days you find things that are so wondrous that you have to share them.
And before I get the this Keto Alfredo sauce recipe, I'd like to share just such a thing.
I give you: Aerobics Cat, a delightful gif of a cat doing aerobic exercises.
But fear not, I am also going to share a recipe for Keto Alfredo sauce, to go along with the feline cuteness.
And we're going to make this low carb Alfredo sauce out of...wait for it...CAULIFLOWER!
That's a fair question. Cauliflower is a great cruciferous veggie to choose when you're on Keto, since it has 1.5 grams of net carbs per ½ cup. And classic Alfredo sauce can be very heavy, so adding this healthy low carb vegetable just lightens it up.
How do you make this Keto Cauliflower Alfredo sauce?
You roast the cauliflower at a very high heat until it is tender and fragrant. Then you blend it with almond milk, cream, parmesan, cream cheese and browned butter.
Why do you roast the cauliflower in this Keto Alfredo Sauce?
There are similar recipes that use steamed cauliflower, but roasting the vegetable gives it a richer, more flavorful taste. This Keto Alfredo sauce is a little bit chunkier though, so if you want a smoother sauce, you actually should steam the cauliflower. Either way, it's tasty as all get out.
Ok, well that just about does it for me.
Let's see that adorable Aerobics Cat one more time.Print
Keto Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Who knew you could make a low carb Alfredo sauce out of cauliflower? It's a creamy sauce with only 3g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 cloves garlic , skins left on
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley , minced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and get out a large cookie sheet.
2. Add cauliflower to a medium sized bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and mix well to coat.
3. Add to cookie sheet along with the unpeeled garlic cloves and roast for 25-30 minutes until browned and tender.
4. Add cauliflower, peeled garlic cloves, almond milk and cream to a food processor or high powered blender. Process until well pureed.
5. Add butter to a large sauce pan or soup pot. Cook over medium heat until browned, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add in cauliflower puree, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Return to Low heat and stir until the cheeses are melted and combined. Add extra almond milk in 1 tablespoon measures until sauce is the desired consistency. Taste test for saltiness and add more salt and pepper if desired.
6. Serve with low carb noodles like shirataki, soy or kelp noodles, zoodles or use the sauce over chicken or fish.
7. Sprinkle parsley and parmesan cheese on top to garnish.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Alfredo Sauce, Keto Alfredo Sauce, Paleo Alfredo Sauce
Beverly K. says
I was a little bit leary of the cauliflower but it turned out good. Great recipe.
Yea, you really don't taste it with all the heavy cream.