I just had the most delicious dinner.
It was a low carb Chicken Alfredo over Zeroodle Soy Noodles. Good stuff.
I’ve actually had some great success with noodle substitutes lately.
I used the fettuccine version of Soy Zeroodles to make Pad Thai last week. Delicious. I’ve made Cold Peanut Noodle Salad out of Kelp Noodles, and used Shirataki Noodles for Beef Noodle Pho and classic Chicken Noodle Soup. In each case, you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between the noodle substitutes and normal high carb noodles.
And Zeroodle Soy Spaghetti Noodles are no different.
To me, these low carb noodles have the taste and texture of whole wheat noodles. And once you add in some chicken and a tasty lemon thyme Alfredo sauce, you have a really good thing going. You’ll have a lovely low carb plate of pasta with only 4g net carb. Outstanding!
Take it from me, a substitute noodle enthusiast.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Alfredo with Zeroodles
This low carb recipe uses Zeroodle Soy Noodles to make a classic Chicken Alfredo dish with only 4g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 (7 oz) package Soy Zeroodle Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Boil the Zeroodles for 2 minutes and then drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add in chicken, thyme, lemon juice, and a few shakes of salt and pepper and cook until chicken is opaque and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
4. Turn the heat down to medium low and add 1 cup of cream, butter and a pinch of salt to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the parmesan and remaining 1/4 cup cream.
6. Add in the chicken and spaghetti noodles and toss well to coat. Cook for another minute.
7. Serve immediately with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
- Calories: 635
- Fat: 63
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 26
Keywords: Low Carb Chicken Alfredo, Keto Chicken Alfredo, Paleo Chicken Alfredo
You’ll need this specialty ingredient:
And these are the other noodles I mentioned:
If you liked this low carb pasta recipe, then you might like my recipes for Chicken Alfredo, Baked Ziti or Pappardelle Bolognese.