This is a plate of honest-to-goodness real spaghetti and meatballs that has just 255 calories and 5g net carbs. This Keto spaghetti and meatballs recipe is a low carb take on a classic Italian meal.
So glad you could make it. Today I'm going to share my recipe for a big plate of real Italian spaghetti and meatballs that has only 255 calories and 5g net carbs. How? Well read on ladies and tramps, and I'll show you how I did it.
- crushed tomatoes
- ground beef
- olive oil
- Italian Seasoning
- parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- almond flour
- Swerve Granular
- Miracle Shirataki Noodles
About shirataki noodles 🍝
I used shirataki noodles in this Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe. You may recognize them by the brand name Miracle Noodles. These low carb noodles are made from the root of the konjac yam and are entirely made up of fiber. They are edible but not digestible, which means that you can eat them but you'll get no energy, carbs, or calories from them.
They are this miraculously odd un-food.
About Swerve 🍚
The appearance of a sugar-free sweetener on a list of Keto spaghetti and meatball ingredients might be a little unexpected, but it will really help out the tomato sauce. Tomatoes are very acidic, so most sauces worth their salt include sugar to counteract the acidity and balance out the flavors.
I always use a erythritol sweetener called Swerve in my cooking and baking. It's a zero-calorie alternative to sugar that doesn't have an aftertaste (speaking of miracles!). When you read the label, it's a little confusing, because the total carbs are the same amount as table sugar. But erythritol is a sugar alcohol that your body can't process for energy, so the "net carb" amount is zero.
You can find it at larger grocery stores or on Amazon.
- You start by pre-heating the oven to 350 degrees F and covering a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- You're going to make the sauce first so that it can simmer as the meatballs bake. Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add 3 cloves minced garlic and cook until softened, 2 minutes.
- Add 28 oz crushed tomatoes, 1 tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, 1 TB Italian Seasoning, 1 TB vinegar and 2 TB sugar-free sweetener and mix well to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer. Simmer until meatballs are finished cooking.
- In a large bowl, mix together ¾ pound ground beef, 1 clove minced garlic, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, 3 TB almond flour, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper and 1 egg.
- Use an ⅛ cup measure (or 2 TB) to scoop out meatball mixture. Roll into meatballs and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes until browned on top and cooked through.
- Combine meatballs and sauce in the sauce pan.
- Add 5 packages shirataki noodles to a colander and rinse under hot water until heated through. Dry with paper towels.
- Serve spaghetti noodles with sauce and meatballs on top.
- Sprinkle a little cheese on top, if you like.
And you are done! 👩🍳
In about 30 minutes, you'll have a delicious Italian supper with only 5g net carbs and 255 calories per serving. Not too shabby for a meal that is usually upwards of 60g net carbs and 600 calories.
So grab your lady or your tramp, and cook up this romantic meal. 😍Print
Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs
This is a plate of honest to goodness real spaghetti and meatballs that has just 255 calories and 5g net carbs. It's a low carb take on a classic Italian meal.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 7 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons super fine almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
5 (7 oz) packages Miracle Noodles or equivalent shirataki noodles
Step 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
Step 2. Make the sauce first so that it can simmer as the meatballs bake. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened, 2 minutes.
Step 3. Add remaining sauce ingredients and mix well to combine.
Step 4. Bring to a low simmer. Simmer until meatballs are finished cooking.
Step 5. In a large bowl, mix all meatball ingredients until well combined.
Step 6. Use an ⅛ cup measure (or 2 tablespoons) to scoop out meatball mixture. Roll into meatballs and place on the cookie sheet.
Step 7. Bake for 14-17 minutes until browned on top and cooked through.
Step 8. Combine meatballs and sauce in the sauce pan.
Step 9. Add shirataki noodles to a colander and rinse under hot water until heated through. Dry with paper towels.
Step 10. Serve spaghetti noodles with sauce and meatballs on top.
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 16
Keywords: Low Carb Spaghetti and Meatballs, Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs, Paleo Spaghetti and Meatballs