This Keto Chicken Alfredo with Zeroodles recipe uses organic soybean noodles to make the classic Italian chicken and pasta dish with only 4g net carbs.
I just had the most delicious Keto dinner.
It was Keto Chicken Alfredo with Zeroodles. Good stuff.
I've actually had some great success with Keto noodle substitutes lately.
I've made Cold Peanut Noodle Salad out of Kelp Noodles, and used Shirataki Noodles for Beef Noodle Pho and classic Spaghetti and Meatballs. I even made my own Keto egg noodles. In each case, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the noodle substitutes and normal high carb noodles.
And Zeroodle Soybean Spaghetti Noodles are no different.
To me, these low carb noodles have the taste and texture of whole wheat noodles. And once you add in some chicken and a tasty lemon thyme Alfredo sauce, you have a really good thing going.
What is Chicken Alfredo?
It's a decadent Italian meal made up of chicken in a parmesan cream sauce. Chicken Alfredo was created in Rome in 1914 by chef Alfredo di Lelio and served at his restaurant, the aptly named Alfredo's. Word has it that in 1927, silent-film stars Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks discovered this dish while honeymooning in Rome. It's been a crowd pleaser ever since.
So what's in this Keto Chicken Alfredo?
For this low carb version of Chicken Alfredo, you'll start with boneless skinless chicken breasts. And for the sauce, the ingredients are: garlic, fresh thyme, lemon juice, heavy whipping cream, butter, parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
How do you cook this low carb Chicken Alfredo recipe?
You quickly boil the Zeroodles. Then saute the chicken in a pan with garlic and lemon juice. Add the rest of the low carb Alfredo sauce ingredients to the pan and heat. Then mix the sauce up with the noodles and you are done. You'll have a lovely low carb plate of chicken and noodles in cream sauce with only 4g net carb.
Just trust me. Like Mary Pickford, I'm a Chicken Alfredo enthusiast.Print
Keto Chicken Alfredo with Zeroodles
This low carb recipe uses Zeroodle Soy Noodles to make a classic Chicken Alfredo dish with only 4g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 (7 oz) package Soy Zeroodle Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Boil the Zeroodles for 2 minutes and then drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add in chicken, thyme, lemon juice, and a few shakes of salt and pepper and cook until chicken is opaque and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
4. Turn the heat down to medium low and add 1 cup of cream, butter and a pinch of salt to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the parmesan and remaining ¼ cup cream.
6. Add in the chicken and spaghetti noodles and toss well to coat. Cook for another minute.
7. Serve immediately with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
- Calories: 635
- Fat: 63
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 26
Keywords: Low Carb Chicken Alfredo, Keto Chicken Alfredo, Paleo Chicken Alfredo