Low Carb Keto Lemon Meringues
I'm a big fan of meringue cookies.
I've certainly made enough of them since I've been on this low carb diet.
So today's recipe fits right in.
I just love these crispy airy cookies. And they are a low carb no brainer with only 4 calories and nearly 0 net carbs. They are basically a free food.
And they taste like a delicious lemony pocket of air.
Low Carb Lemon Meringues
3 large egg whites, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add sweetener, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until the whites are stiff and glossy.
3. Fold in lemon juice and zest.
4. Spoon or pipe mixture onto the parchment covered cookie sheet. You should have about 12 meringues.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 250F. Then reduce oven temperature to 200F and continue to bake for another 18 to 20 minutes, until crisp and tips are just starting to brown.
6. Turn off oven and let meringues sit inside for 2 hours or longer.
7. Remove and carefully peel off parchment.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 2 HR 40 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 4 cookies Calories 18 Fat <1g Protein 4g Carb <1 Fiber 0 Net Carbs <1g