Welp, it’s December.
Time to listen to terrible holiday music and bake cookies. Here’s the Hall and Oates cover of Jingle Bell Rock to get you started. (video below)
And here is a good recipe for low carb shortbread cookies.
I based it on one that I found it on the Sugar Free Londoner. It’s a simple dough made from almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, almond extract, sugar-free sweetener and butter. You cream it all together, roll out the dough and cut it into shapes. And before you know it, you’ve got yourself some delicious holiday cookies. Just ice them in red and green and leave a few out for Santa.
Cause that’s the jingle bell, that’s the jingle bell, that’s the jingle bell rock.
Low Carb Keto Shortbread Holiday Cookies
These tasty holiday shortbread cookies have got just 1g net carbs each. So have a couple. why don’t you?
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 13 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 4 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- red and green food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add the softened butter and almond extract and mix with an electric mixer until combined. Use your hands to form it into a dough.
4. Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper.
5. Place the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes to make it firmer and easier to work with. It might take a little longer, depending on how cold you keep your freezer.
6. Cut your cookies with a cookie cutter or the lid of a water glass.
7. Place cookies on the parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
8. Let the cookies cool completely before icing them.
9. To make the icing, mix together the heavy whipping cream and the powdered sweetener. Divide the mixture into 2 bowls. Add 10 drops of food coloring to each bowl and mix well to combine. If the icing is too liquid to spread, then you can add a little more sweetener.
10. Ice the cookies.
- Serving Size: 3 small cookies
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Shortbread Cookie, Keto Shortbread Cookie, Low Carb Holiday Cookie, Keto Holiday Cookie
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: