Good news. Today is double chocolate donut day.
But first I want to talk about the musical theater dynamo known as Neil Patrick Harris. Dude can sing. I just watched a sing-off he did on the Late Show with James Corden (video below). Worth a play, if you’ve got 10 minutes to spend listening to show tunes. (You do. You know you do.)
Just put it on in the background as you bake these chocolatey donuts.
“You’ll be swell, you’ll be great. Gonna have the whole world on a plate.”
Low Carb Keto Double Chocolate Donuts
These low carb double chocolate donuts are a great snack with only 3g net carbs per donut.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 20 mini donuts
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
2 cups super fine almond flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 2 donut pans with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and sweetener. Use a whisk to mix thoroughly.
3. Add melted butter to dry ingredients and stir until absorbed.
4. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and milk and stir until smooth.
5. Spoon into prepared donut pans.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Donuts are done when the top springs back when touched.
7. Remove and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
8. In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together the powdered sweetener and cocoa powder. Add the heavy cream and water and whisk to combine.
9. Add enough water until the glaze thins out and is of a dippable consistency, without being too watery.
10. Dip the top of each donut into the glaze and let set, about 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 mini donuts
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Donuts, Keto Chocolate Donuts, Low Carb Chocolate Doughnuts, Keto Chocolate Doughnuts
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: