Low Carb Keto Mushroom Quiche with Sausage Crust
Here's how to make mushroom quiche with a sausage crust:
Low Carb Mushroom Quiche with Sausage Crust
- 1 pound sausage
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Add the olive oil and butter to a large frying pan and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Use your hands to mix together the sausage and the coconut flour. Press it into the bottom of the pie pan as you would a crumble crust.
4. Bake the crust for 6-8 minutes until browned all over. Pat the grease away with a paper towel.
5. Add the eggs, cream, and water to a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat together until light and frothy.
6. Add half of the cheese to the bottom of the pie crust evenly. Put the mushrooms and onions on top. Cover with the remaining cheese.
7. Pour the egg mixture evenly on top.
8. Bake for 45 minutes. At minute 25, lay a piece of tin foil on top of the quiche to stop it from browning too much.
PREP TIME: 20 MIN COOK TIME: 60 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 253 Fat 18g Protein 13g Carb 3g Fiber 1g Net Carbs 2g