Here’s a recipe for real restaurant style Steak Hibachi with Keto Yum Yum Sauce that’s suitable for Low Carb, Paleo, Whole30 and THM-S diets.
Today we’re going to make a meal of Hibachi with Keto Yum Yum Sauce I feel a bit foolish saying the name “yum yum sauce”, but I don’t make the rules. That’s just what it’s called.
But before we get to the recipe, I want to take a brief detour to Scranton, Pa to catch up with The Office.
There is a whole two part special called “A Benihana Christmas” so naturally, my mind went there as I was cooking this classic Japanese steakhouse meal. In this episode, there are dueling office parties taking place and the officemates have to choose between the two competing factions. It’s a choice between fun and double chocolate brownies. This clip features Kevin, my favorite character on the show. (video below)
But let’s talk Steak Hibachi with Keto Yum Yum Sauce .
This is one of those unicorn recipes that are naturally Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, THM-S and Whole30 compliant. So it’ll hit the spot, no matter what diet you are following. Or even if you are following no diet at all. This is an easy 30 minute recipe that makes real Japanese restaurant style steak hibachi with only 8g net carbs. Add a side of cauliflower rice and you’ll be over the moon.
Just like Kevin with his beloved double chocolate brownies.Print
Hibachi with Keto Yum Yum Sauce
Here's a recipe for real restaurant style hibachi and yum yum sauce that's suitable for Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, Whole30 and THM-S diets.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Japanese
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
Yum Yum Sauce:
½ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
¼ teaspoon ground paprika
½ tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon tomato paste
¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2-3 tablespoons water
Beef and Vegetables:
2 tablespoons light extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into ½ inch cubes
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup onion, diced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup baby bella mushrooms, quartered
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup yellow squash, diced
1. Combine all hibachi sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Combine all yum yum sauce ingredients in another small bowl. Add water to desired consistency. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon light olive oil in a large wok or skillet over High heat. Salt and pepper steak pieces. Add steak to the pan and cook until browned and the desired degree of doneness, 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pan over High heat. Add onions and red bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Don’t stir too much as you stir fry the vegetables. Allow to cook for 30-60 seconds at a time.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add zucchini and yellow squash and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add hibachi sauce to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add beef back to the pan and cook until heated through, 2 minutes more.
9. Serve immediately with yum yum sauce on the side.
Nutritional info includes yum yum sauce.
- Calories: 620
- Fat: 48
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 33
Keywords: low carb hibachi, keto hibachi, steak hibachi