It could not be easier to make these refreshing orange creamsicles. They are easy freezy beautiful.
Good news. 😄
We made it! It’s summer! Time to don my green wig and sparkly swimsuit and hit the beach.
And equally important:
Time to break out the popsicle molds and make some orange creamsicles. This recipe can be easily made sugar-free if you are watching your calories. These are some of the few sugar-free cross-over foods that are loved by kids and adults alike. And these citrusy frozen beauties have got just 143 calories and 1g net carb each.
- Orange Jello, either regular or Sugar-Free
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla extract
🌈 Sugar-Free Orange Jello Brands
I would like to put in a good word here for using Sugar-Free Jello in your creamsicles. Your kids won't know the difference, and it'll be just a little bit less sugar that they get during the day. And you can make creamsicles of any flavor. No need to stick with orange flavor if you don't like citrus as much as the (yummier in my opinion) red flavors.
There are four brands that make Sugar-Free Jello. They are Jello-O, Royal, Starburst, and GramZero. GramZero brand is noteworthy because it is naturally sweetened with stevia leaf. So if you are worried about the artificial sweeteners used in gelatin desserts, that is a great option.
- Jell-O Brand Flavors: Cherry, Black Cherry, Lime, Lemon, Strawberry, Peach, Raspberry, and Orange
- Royal Brand Flavors: Strawberry, Lime, Orange, Cherry, Raspberry
- Starburst Brand Flavors: All Pink Strawberry, Blue Raspberry, Cherry
- GramZero Brand Flavors: Raspberry, Strawberry, Cherry, Lemon, Lime, Orange
💬 Popsicle Molds
You've got three options when it comes to popsicle molds for these creamsicles. You can use a mold with reusable sticks, a mold with wooden sticks, or a push-up pop mold. I am on Team Reusable Stick Mold because they make classic popsicles, they grip the frozen liquid the best and you don't have to worry about whether you still have those wooden sticks around somewhere. But the push-up pops are kind of like Popsicles for Dummies. You can bypass the stick situation entirely.
💰 Where to buy popsicle molds
- Fill a 4-cup measure with 1 cup of boiling water.
- Mix in Jello powder and stir until dissolved.
- Add vanilla and two cups of cream to the dissolved Jello so that the liquid reaches the 3 cup line. Stir until combined.
- Pour liquid into popsicle mold and freeze for 6 hours until firm.
- Run some hot water over the popsicle mold for a few seconds to make it easier to release the popsicles from the mold.
And you're done! 😊
You just need to mix everything together, then freeze it. And Badda Bing, Badda Boom, you’ve got yourself some refreshing Orange Creamsicles. Ok, time to get back to the beach.
Crush it, surfer dudes! 🌊Print
Easy Freezy Orange Creamsicles
It could not be easier to make these refreshing orange creamsicles.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 12 popsicles 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1 (3 oz) box Orange Jello or 2 (.3oz) boxes Sugar-Free Orange Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Step 1. Fill a 4-cup measure with 1 cup of boiling water.
Step 2. Mix in Jello powder and stir until dissolved.
Step 3. Add vanilla and two cups of cream to the dissolved Jello so that the liquid reaches the 3 cup line. Stir until combined.
Step 4. Pour liquid into popsicle mold and freeze for 6 hours until firm.
Step 5. Run some hot water over the popsicle mold for a few seconds to make it easier to release the popsicles from the mold.
Nutritional Info uses Sugar-Free Jello
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
Keywords: sugar-free creamsicle, orange creamsicle, creamsicle, orange popsicle