This fruit filled Keto pastry is a delicious low carb dessert with only 5g net carbs per slice. It’s pure solid gold.
2 cups strawberries, sliced
3 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup super fine almond flour*
5 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum, optional
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter
2 oz cold cream cheese
2 large beaten eggs, divided
2 teaspoons vinegar
2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Add strawberries to a small bowl and sprinkle 3 tablespoons sweetener on top. Add vanilla. Mix to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator to macerate until ready to use. Give the strawberries a stir every 10 minutes.
2. Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum and salt to a food processor or high powered blender. Pulse several times to mix.
3. Add butter and cream cheese and pulse several times.
4. Add 1 egg and vinegar and pulse several times until the dough is broken into crumbs. Do not process so much that the dough is smooth and combined like cookie dough. You still want to see spots of butter.
5. Remove from the food processor or blender and form the dough into a ball.
6. Wrap the ball of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Put another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll out the dough. It should make an approximately 12 x 10 inch oval.
8. Strain liquid from strawberries.
9. Arrange the strawberries in one layer in the middle of the rolled out dough. You should have an outer edge of 1 1/2 – 2 inches of dough.
10. Use the bottom piece of parchment paper to gently fold the dough over the strawberries.
11. Brush the remaining lightly beaten egg onto the crust.
12. Sprinkle granulated sweetener on top of fruit and crust.
13. Carefully move the pastry and bottom sheet of parchment paper to a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer to freeze for 10 minutes.
14. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
15. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crust is browned. At minute 15, take the pastry out of the oven and brush again with the egg wash. Start checking in on the pastry at minute 20, because it can go from browned to burnt very quickly.
16. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes on the cookie sheet. Use a sieve to dust the pastry with powdered sweetener.
17. Serve warm.
*If you take this pastry to a party, make sure to clearly mark that it contains nuts. Most people don’t expect a pastry to use almond flour, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat it.
STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS ARE BENEATH THE RECIPE
Keywords: Keto Pastry, Low Carb Pastry, Keto Galette, Low Carb Galette