It seems like pumpkin season begins a little earlier each year.
It’s the beginning of October, but pumpkin spice is omnipresent. People are going pumpkin crazy. For reals.
As long as we are talking about pumpkins, I think it’s time to break out the best SNL sketch in recent memory. (Video Below)
I’m talking, of course, about David Pumpkins. The sketch takes place in a haunted house ride called A 100 Floors of Flights. It turns out that 73 of the 100 floors are dedicated to a guy named David S. Pumpkins and his dancing b-boy skeletons. And oh, how they dance. It’s really funny.
But back to actual pumpkins.
Today I’m going to share a recipe for a low carb and keto pumpkin pie that will knock your socks off. It’s just as tasty as the classic Libby’s pumpkin pie, but a slice of this pie has just 7g net carbs. It’s one of those magic healthy desserts that will fool people into thinking they are eating normal pie. Just put it next to the sugary Thanksgiving pies, and no one will suspect that it is sugar-free. So break out the pumpkin spice.
It’s pumpkin time.
Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Pie
This low carb keto pumpkin pie is just as tasty as the sugary version but this one has just 7g net carbs per slice.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 1:00
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1 3/4 cups super fine almond flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup vanilla or plain whey protein
1 large egg
1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the almond flour and whey protein powder together in a medium sized bowl. Add the egg and melted butter and mix well.
3. Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a glass or ceramic pie pan. Poke holes in the crust with a fork to let out steam.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sweetener and spice.
7. Mix in heavy whipping cream.
8. Mix in eggs. Taste for sweetness and spice and add more if desired.
9. Bake for 35-45 minutes until a knife in the center comes out clean.
10. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
11. Serve warm or refrigerate.
I used a pie pan with 2 1/4 inch sides, but if you use a smaller pie pan, you’ll need to use a little less of the pumpkin filling. You can fill the pie pan to the top though, because the filling will contract and collapse in the middle once it cools.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 14
Keywords: Low Carb Pumpkin Pie, Keto Pumpkin Pie, Low Carb Pie
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you are a pumpkin fan, then you might want to try my recipes for Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Custard.