Low Carb Keto Asian Salmon
When East meets West, great things can happen.
Take actor David Carradine, and the ancient art of Kung Fu workout videos. East met West and something magical happened.
Case in point: Asian Salmon. This dish is as delicious as it is nutritious. You marinade the salmon all day long in a mixture of fresh ginger, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and oil. I replaced brown sugar with a sugar-free sweetener to make the recipe low carb. The result is a flaky and succulent fish with a nice punch of Asian flavoring. It's so good.
It's enough to make you break out some Tai Chi moves. (below) Perhaps the "waiting for fish" pose?
Low Carb Asian Salmon
24 oz salmon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon Swerve or equivalent sweetener
2 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger root, grated
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Place salmon fillets in a large resealable plastic bag.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients and pour over salmon. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
4. Place salmon onto the prepared baking sheet and fold up all 4 sides of the foil. Spoon the marinade over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, covering it completely and sealing the packet closed.
5. Place into oven and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Open the packet and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly browned.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 25 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 345 Total Fat 17g Protein 43g Carbs <1g Fiber 0g Net Carbs <1g