These low carb and Keto Everything bagels use Fathead dough to keep the net carb count down to 8g.
I just happened upon the most delightful thing.
It’s a gif of Vincent Price listening to a little man on his shoulder.
Is he the Devil?
Is it a miniaturized Shakespearian actor? And what does he want Vincent Price to do? So many questions. But it seemed selfish to keep this gif to myself.
I’m also here to share a recipe for Everything Bagels that I found.
Though I’ll admit, I’ve always been a bit leery of the Everything Bagel. They have a way of contaminating every bagel in the case with their oniony flavor. Not the best taste on a cinnamon raisin bagel. But today I saw that Trader Joe sells something called Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend and I thought I’d give it a chance.
And I’m so glad I did. It’s absolutely delicious.
These bagels are based on a recipe from Peace, Love and Low Carb. It uses Fathead Dough which is a mixture of almond flour, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and eggs. It might sound funny to make a bagel out of cheese, but it’s surprisingly good. And you can’t beat the carb count. Normal bagels have about 70g of carbohydrate but these little beauties only have 8g net carb.
Ok, the little man on my shoulder is telling me to wrap it up. Till next time.
Low Carb Keto Everything Bagel
These low carb Everything bagels use Fathead dough to keep the net carb count down to 8g.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 17
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 6 bagels 1x
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Whisk one of the eggs to use as an egg wash later on.
2. Mix together the almond flour and baking powder in a medium sized bowl. Add in the minced onion and remaining 2 eggs and mix well to combine.
3. Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese together in a large sized bowl. Heat for 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave and stir to combine. Heat for another minute and stir again.
4. Mix together the almond flour mixture and the cheese mixture until a dough forms. As soon as it is cool enough to work with, knead the dough with your hands until completely combined. If it is too cool to combine, you can microwave it again for 30 seconds.
5. Divide the dough into 6 balls. Stick your finger through the middle of each ball to make it into a bagel shape. Make a fairly big sized hole, since it will expand as it cooks.
6. Brush the egg wash over the bagels and sprinkle with the Everything Bagel Seasoning. You can make your own seasoning with this recipe from the Food Network.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. It’s best if you eat them while they’re hot.
- Serving Size: 1 bagel
- Calories: 454
- Fat: 36
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 27
Keywords: Low Carb Bagel, Keto Bagel, Low Carb Everything Bagel, Keto Everything Bagel