These Keto Flax Seed Crackers have got just 2g net carbs. And they are Paleo, Whole30, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free and Grain-free compliant.
Today, I've got a great Keto Flax Seed Cracker recipe to share with you.
It's one of those rare unicorn recipes that you can eat on just about any diet.
This recipe for flax seed crackers is: Low Carb, Keto , Paleo, Weight Watchers, Nut-free, Vegetarian, Vegan, THM-S, Gluten-free and Grain-free. Is it compliant with Whole30, the most restrictive diet on Earth? Probably!
(I just looked it up and it totally is.)
So what's in these unicorn multi seed crackers?
I'm glad you asked. These magical Keto crackers are made from flax seed meal, sunflower seeds, pepita seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds and psyllium husk powder. And I also added in some Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning for flavor.
You just need to add butter and boiling hot water and you are off to the races.
The mixture of the chia seeds, psyllium husk powder and the hot water is where the magic happens.
Combine them, and the chia seeds and pysllium powder expand and bind the crackers together. Because of its high soluble fiber content, chia seeds can absorb up to 10–12 times their weight in water! And because chia seeds expand in your stomach, they make you feel full and satisfied when you eat even small amounts.
So, in summary, you should definitely make these Keto Flax Seed Crackers.
They are a healthy appetizer or snack with only 2g net carbs per serving. And they are perfect for low carb dips like Queso Cheese Sauce, or Curried Hummus. You can top them with anything that can reasonably be eaten on a cracker. So you might just forget that you are on a diet.
Ok, now it's time for me and my unicorn to prance off into the sunset.Print
Keto Flax Seed Crackers
These Keto Flax Seed Crackers are seriously delicious. They've got just 2g net carbs and you can eat them on low carb, paleo, Whole30, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and grain-free diets.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
⅓ cup flax seed meal
⅓ cup sunflower seeds
⅓ cup pepita seeds
⅓ cup chia seeds
⅓ cup sesame seeds
3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
3 tablespoons Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
¼ cup butter or ghee, melted
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and cover a large 11 X 17 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lower the oven rack to the lowest setting.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to get any clumps in the flax seed meal out.
3. Add boiling water and melted butter. Mix together with a spatula until a dough forms. Test for saltiness and add more salt if desired.
4. Use spatula to spread out the dough thinly on the parchment covered cookie sheet. It should cover the cookie sheet completely from edge to edge and be about ¼ inch thick.
5. Bake on lower rack for 1 hour, checking occasionally to make sure it’s not burning. Turn the cookie sheet around halfway through so that it cooks evenly. Pay attention as seeds are heat sensitive.
6. Turn off the oven and let the crackers dry in the oven for another hour.
7. Break into pieces.
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 8
Keywords: Flax Seed Crackers, Flaxseed Crackers, Keto Flaxseed Crackers, Flaxseed Crackers