This recipe for Low Carb Keto Chicken and Eggplant Biryani is out of this world. This Indian cauliflower rice dish is packed with flavor.
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons butter, divided
5 cups eggplant, diced with skin
1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup mint, chopped
2 cups cauliflower, riced
1 pound cooked chicken, pulled into bite sized pieces
1. Mix together all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Mince the garlic, ginger and jalapeño pepper and add to a small bowl with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Mix well.
3. Dice the eggplant and slice the red bell peppers and onions thinly.
4. Cut 1/2 of a cauliflower into florets and add to a food processor or high powered blender. Process until it’s the consistency of rice granules. Measure out 2 cups.
5. Pull cooked chicken.
6. Add 1 tablespoon butter to a large skillet or dutch oven. Heat over Medium High heat. Add eggplant and cook until softened, 8-9 minutes.
7. Mix in spices and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from the pan and mix together with chicken in a medium sized bowl. Mix until chicken is coated with spices.
8. Heat 1 tablespoon butter over Medium High heat. Add onions and red bell peppers and cook until browned around the edges, 10 minutes.
9. Push onions and peppers to the side of the pan and add in mixture of garlic, ginger, jalapeño pepper and oil. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
10. Add 1/2 cup water to the pan to deglaze it. Make sure to scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
11. Add chicken, eggplant, cauliflower rice, mint and cilantro to the pan and mix well. 12. Lower the heat to Low and cover the pan with a tight fitting lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes until cauliflower rice is cooked through but not mushy.
13. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Low Carb Biryani, Keto Biryani, Paleo Biryani