This recipe for low carb and Keto poke cupcakes are the perfect blend of Jello and vanilla cupcake.
I was feeling a little overwhelmed today, so I decided to cook something silly.
I give you… the low carb strawberry poke cupcake.
In the normal world you make poke cakes by baking a store bought cake mix, poking holes in it and then pouring Jello on top. So easy. So rewarding. But for this low carb version, we’ll be using Sugar-free Strawberry Jello and making the low carb cupcakes from scratch.
My low carb and keto version takes a little more time, but gets the same ridiculous result. Cakey Jello-y goodness in the palm of your hand.
Jello, take me away!
Low Carb Keto Poke Cupcakes
This recipe for low carb poke cupcakes are the perfect blend of Jello and vanilla cupcake.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 cupcakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (.3 oz) box Sugar Free Strawberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoons powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and add foil cupcake lines to a cupcake pan.
2. Add softened butter, cream cheese and sweetener to a large bowl, and use an electric mixer to cream them together.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the blended ingredients. Blend with the electric mixer until smooth.
4. In a separate medium sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter. Blend until very smooth. The batter will be very thick.
6. Pour batter into the cupcake pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F. The tops should be browned and a toothpick in the middle should come out dry.
7. After the cupcakes goes into the oven, dissolve the Jello powder into 1 cup of boiling water. Put it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
8 Cool the cupcakes for 15 minutes.
9. Using a wooden skewer or toothpick, poke holes in the cupcakes.
10. Pour the Jello over the top of the cupcakes and then chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
11. Whip together the heavy whipping cream and powdered sweetener until stiff peaks form.
12. Frost the cupcakes with whipped cream. Return to the refrigerator for 1 more hour.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Poke Cupcake, Keto Poke Cupcake, Poke Cupcake
You’ll need these specialty items:
If you liked this Jello cake recipe, then you might like my recipes for Strawberry Jello Layer Cake, Raspberry Jello Cheesecake Bars or Rainbow Jello Cake.