If you are looking for a healthy low carb treat, then these chocolate brownies might just be your jam.
Flax seed brownies are a tasty way to get more fiber into your diet. They are on the light and cakey side of the brownie spectrum. A bit crumbly, but not too much.
Low Carb Keto Flax Seed Brownies
These low carb flax brownies are on the cakey end of the brownie spectrum.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup butter
- 3 oz unsweetened baker's chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup flax seed meal
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Paleo Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Swerve or equivalent sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease an 8×8 inch pan.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together in a small sauce pan over low heat.
3. Whisk together flax seed meal, paleo flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated erythritol and vanilla extract.
5. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture until smooth.
6. Stir in the dry mixture until well-combined.
7. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until top is just barely firm to the touch.
8. Let cool, then cut into bars.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 27
Keywords: Low Carb Flax Brownie, Keto Flax Brownie, Sugar-Free Flax Brownie