Low Carb Keto Raspberry Jello Cheesecake Bars
"Give in, give in, give in to the taste!"
I've had this old Sugar Free Jello commercial from the 80's stuck in my head all morning. The jingle is just so catchy! It's a classic. And the aerobic dancers are top notch. (below)
I eventually gave in and made some Sugar Free Jello.
But honestly, it doesn't take much to make me break out the Jello. It's got 0 carbs and only 10 calories per serving. It's a low carb no brainer.
I made a layered Jello dessert that is lemon no-bake cheesecake with a pecan nut crust and fresh raspberries and Jello on top.
It's loosely based on a pretzel salad dessert. (A classic, if there ever was one.) But instead of high carb pretzels you've got tasty low carb nuts. The addition of the cheesecake and crust brings the carb count up to 2g net carb per slice. Nearly nothing.
I also like the retro feel of this dessert. It's fun to show up to a party with a Jello salad. It always goes fast. Because, like the commercial says,
"Why resist it? Give in, give in, give in to the taste!"
Low Carb Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
3 (0.3 oz) boxes Sugar Free Raspberry Jello
1 teaspoon Sugar Free Lemon Jello (from 1 box)
2 cups boiling water
3 cups raw pecans chopped
1 stick of butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener, divided
1 cup heavy whipping cream
6 oz fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Dissolve the raspberry Jello in 2 cups boiling water. Set aside on the countertop to cool.
3. Melt butter in microwave and then combine with pecans and 1/4 cup sweetener in a food processor or high powered blender. Process until it's the consistency of a graham cracker crust.
4. Press the crust down into the bottom of the casserole dish with your fingers.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool for 30 minutes on the countertop.
6. Using an electric mixer, cream together the remaining sweetener, cream cheese and 1 teaspoon lemon Jello. Add in the heavy whipping cream and whip until fluffy.
7. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust and smooth it out, making sure to make a solid layer so the Jello won't leak through.
8. Dot the top of the cream cheese layer with the raspberries.
9. Carefully spoon the cooled raspberry Jello over the top.
10. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
PREP TIME: 20 MIN COOK TIME: 20 MIN
CHILL TIME: 4 HRS 30 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 316 Fat 33g Protein 4g Carb 5g Fiber 3g Net Carbs 2g