This New York style cheesecake is a low carb and Keto take on a classic dessert. And each slice has just 4g net carbs.
Today I we’re making cheesecake, so naturally, I’ve had the Golden Girls on my mind. There was nothing those irascible seniors liked more than a midnight cheesecake session. My sister and niece are also Golden Girls fanatics, so imagine my excitement when I found the perfect Christmas gift for them. Turns out you can buy chia pets in the shape of each of the Golden Girls. Christmas shopping, done.
But let’s talk about sugar-free cheesecake, which is unlike anything the Golden Girls ever ate.
I am going to share my recipe for low carb New York style cheesecake. You may be wondering what makes New York style cheesecake different than regular cheesecake. Well, I’ll tell you. It’s a firm, tall cheesecake that is perfectly flat on top, unlike regular cheesecakes that sink down in the middle as they cool.
What makes this particular version of New York style cheesecake special is its low carb count.
When you swap out sugar-free sweetener for sugar, each slice of cheesecake with raspberry sauce has just 4g net carbs. Compare that to a slice of regular sugary cheesecake that has 70g net carbs, and this low carb version comes out the winner every time. And you really can’t tell the different between the too.
The only thing I need to warn you about, is that this recipe takes a very long time to make.
It’s 9 hours from start to finish, because you need to allow the cheesecake to gradually cool to room temperature. This takes 5 hours. Then you’ve got to chill it in the fridge for another 4 hours. So you are looking at a 9 hour slog. But think of it this way: that’s enough time to watch 18 episodes of the Golden Girls.
Low Carb Keto Classic New York Style Cheesecake
This New York style cheesecake is a low carb take on a classic dessert. And each slice has just 4g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 4:45
- Total Time: 5 hours
- Yield: 16 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
40 oz (5 packages) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
5 large eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
12 oz (2 packages) fresh raspberries
1/2 cup water
1/2 to 3/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener, as desired
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Find a roasting pan that is large enough to hold a 9 inch spring form pan. Fill the roasting pan with 1 inch of water and preheat along with the oven. Grease the 9 inch spring form pan and wrap the bottom edge with duct tape to make it water-proof.
- Add all cheesecake ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and combined. Run a fork through the mixture to make sure that there aren’t any chunks of cream cheese left.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the spring form pan.
- Put the pan into the water filled roasting pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Lower the heat to 275 degrees F and bake for another 1 1/2 hours until top is firm and the cheesecake is pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Turn off the heat and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 3 more hours to slowly come to room temperature.
- Put the cheesecake in the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours.
- Once it has chilled, carefully remove the duct tape and unlatch the sides of the spring form pan Lift the sides up to release the cheesecake. You can leave the bottom section under the cheesecake.
- To make the raspberry sauce, add raspberries, water and 1/2 cup sweetener to a medium sized sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer at low heat until the raspberries have broken down, 5-6 minutes.
- While whisking, sprinkle xanthan gum into the sauce pan and mix well to dissolve. Cook for another 2 minutes until thickened. Check for sweetness and add more sweetener if desired.
- Allow the raspberry sauce to cool to room temperature before serving it on the cheesecake.
- Store the cheesecake and sauce separately in the refrigerator.
You should store the raspberry sauce separately from the cheesecake, and then pour it on right as you serve each piece.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 27
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Low Carb New York Cheesecake, Keto New York Cheesecake, Sugar-Free New York Cheesecake
IF YOU LIKED THIS LOW CARB CHEESECAKE, THEN YOU MIGHT LIKE MY RECIPES FOR RASPBERRY SWIRL MINI CHEESECAKES, CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE OR ORANGE CREAMSICLE CHEESECAKE.