These low carb and Keto pistachio shortbread cookies make for the perfect gluten free dessert. And each cookie has just 1g net carb.
3/4 cup super fine almond flour
1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons oat fiber
5 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
5 tablespoons roasted salted pistachios, chopped
1. Sift together dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2. In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, vanilla and half of the dry ingredients with an electric mixer.
3. Mix in egg.
3. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
4. Fold in pistachios.
5. Roll into a tube that is 5″ long and 2″ wide. If the dough cracks, just pack it tighter and smoosh out cracks.
6. Cut a large piece of parchment paper that is big enough to cover a large cookie sheet. Roll the dough up in the parchment paper and freeze in the freezer for 30 minutes.
7. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
8. Unroll the parchment paper and put the dough on a cutting board. Flip over the parchment paper so the clean side is up and cover a large cookie sheet with it.
9. Cut the dough into 1/3″ rounds and place on the cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 8-11 minutes until edges are just turning golden brown. Rotate the cookie sheet halfway through cook time. Keep a close eye on the cookies for the last few minutes because they brown quickly.
11. Allow to cool on the pan for at least 20 minutes before picking them up. They come out of the oven very soft, but will crisp up and harden as they cool.
12. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Keywords: Low Carb Pistachio Cookie, Keto Pistachio Cookie, Gluten Free Pistachio Cookie