Today I’m going to share a low carb recipe for soft and chewy molasses cookies. And since it is an English recipe, I thought I’d start out by sharing a funny short from the BBC.
This short is from a British sketch comedy series called Big Train that aired in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. (video below)
You will likely recognize one of the actors as Simon Pegg, of Star Trek fame. The episode was about how English tourists are treated abroad. The locals pretend not to understand you when you know that they secretly do. This sketch is a lovely bit of absurdism. Enjoy.
And I hope you enjoy these chewy low carb molasses cookies too.
I’ve been scouring the Internet, trying to find a soft, chewy and spicy molasses cookie recipe that is also low carb. I found some decent low carb gingerbread cookies but they were cakey, rather than chewy. So no dice. But then I stumbled upon a Paleo version of the cookie on Gourmande in the Kitchen. And it was just perfect! It took short work to make the recipe low carb and sugar free too. Now each cookie has just 1.5g net carbs.
So make yourself a cuppa, and tuck into these lovely low carb cookies.
Chewy Low Carb Keto Molasses Cookies
Finally, a soft and chewy low carb molasses ginger cookie!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 38 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1 cup almond butter
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
3/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon gingerbread spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat together almond butter, eggs, molasses and fresh ginger with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together sweetener, coconut flour, baking soda, gingerbread spice and salt.
4. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. You should have enough dough to fill 3 cookie sheets, so bake the first 2 cookie sheets, and then reuse one of the cookie sheets for the remaining cookies.
6. Bake cookies, until firm around the edges and starting to crack in the center, 8-9 minutes. The cookies will looked slightly puffed but will flatten and crinkle as they cool.
7. Cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheets and then transfer the parchment paper with the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 102
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Molasses Cookie, Keto Molasses Cookie, Sugar Free Molasses Cookie
If you like low carb cookies like this one, then you might like my Compost, Gingerbread, or Shortbread Cookies.
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: