This recipe for low carb and Keto fish sticks and tartar sauce is a throw back to when you were a kid eating frozen fish sticks. But these new low carb fish sticks have zero net carbs per serving.
1 pound white fish like tilapia, cod or catfish
2 tablespoons oat fiber (optional)*
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons almond milk or water
1/2 cup (half of a 3.5oz bag) pork rinds, ground into bread crumb sized pieces
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dill pickles, chopped small
1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1. Cut white fish into 1 x 3 inch strips.
2. Add oat fiber to a shallow bowl.
3. Mix together 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons almond milk or water and add to a shallow bowl.
4. Grind the pork rinds in a food processor or high powered blender until it’s the consistency of bread crumbs. Mix with grated parmesan cheese and add to a shallow bowl.
5. Take a fish strip and dredge in oat fiber, dip in the mayonnaise mixture and then coat with the pork rind mixture. Repeat with remaining fish sticks.
6. After you coat each fish stick in breading, add it to an air fryer basket or a parchment covered cookie sheet.
7. If using air fryer: Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray. Add the fish sticks to the basket in a single layer. Spray the fish sticks with cooking spray. Cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Carefully flip with tongs and then cook for another 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
8. If baking, add all fish sticks to a large parchment covered cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the fish sticks with cooking spray. Bake for 6 minutes at 400 degrees F and then carefully flip using a pancake turner. Bake for an additional 6 minutes until just beginning to flake.
9. Mix up all tartar sauce ingredients and serve with the fish sticks. Fish sticks are best when eaten hot.
*You can skip the oat fiber if you don’t have it, but it helps keep in the moisture as you cook the fish sticks at high heat.
Nutritional Info below is for just the fish sticks. The nutritional info for the tartar sauce is:
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons Servings: 4 Calories: 200 Fat: 22 Carb: 0 Fiber: 0 Pro: 0
Keywords: Low Carb Fish Sticks, Keto Fish Sticks, Paleo Fish Sticks