Keto Caramel Popcorn is a tasty mix of nuts and caramel with only 2g net carbs per serving. It's sure to sooth your cravings for Crunch'n Munch.
I've really been missing caramel popcorn on this low carb diet of mine.
Like the kettle corn that you get at the fair. Or even good old Crunch'n Munch.
I still have this Crunch'n Munch commercial from the 1980's kicking around in my subconscious. (video above)
It's this annoying kid in overalls who is bellyaching about everybody stealing his precious Crunch'n Munch. This kid is just as whiney about caramel corn as I am, now that I think about it. All I lack is the overalls and the bowl cut.
What's in Crunch'n Munch?
It's just caramel corn and peanuts but it's oh so delicious. It's the perfect blend of salty and sweet. Each serving has 24g of carbohydrate though, so if you eat it you can kiss your low carb diet goodbye.
Well no more sulking.
Today I came up with a Keto Caramel Popcorn recipe for the next time I'm feeling the need for Crunch'n Munch.
Instead of popcorn, it's got healthy pecans, walnuts, almonds and coconut flakes. And it's covered in a delicious sugar free caramel coating. It's really good.
How do you make Sugar Free Caramel Popcorn?
First, you roast pecans, walnuts, almonds and coconut flakes in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes. In a medium sized sauce pan, you combine erythritol sweetener, sugar free pancake syrup, heavy whipping cream and butter and cook the mixture over medium heat until it turns a deep golden brown. You add in butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and stir well to melt and combine. Pour the roasted nuts and coconut mixture into the pan and stir until well coated. Then spread the mixture back onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle salt on top. Separate the pieces into clumps. Bake them for 12-15 more minutes. Then allow it to cool and dry out on the counter.
And you are done. You'll have a batch of Keto Caramel Popcorn with just 2g net carbs per serving.
Ok, time for me to don my overalls and get back to crunch'n and munch'n.
Keto Caramel Corn
Keto Caramel Corn is a tasty mix of nuts and caramel with only 2g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- cooking spray
- 1 ¼ cups pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter, divided
- ¼ cup sugar free pancake syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Roast pecans, walnuts, almonds and coconut flakes in the oven for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven but keep the oven heat on.
3. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine sweetener, pancake syrup, heavy whipping cream and 1 ½ tablespoons of the butter . Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it turns a deep golden brown, 6-8 minutes.
4. Add in the remaining butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and stir well to melt and combine.
5. Pour the roasted nuts and coconut mixture into the pan and stir until well coated.
6. Spread mixture back onto the parchment covered cookie sheet and sprinkle salt on top. Separate the pieces into clumps.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Check in at minute 12 to make sure it isn't burning.
7. Allow to cool and dry out on the counter.
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 29
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Crunch'n Munch, Keto Crunch'n Munch, Sugar-Free Crunch'n Munch