These cream cheese filled Keto carrot cake muffins are great grab-and-go snacks that have just 3g net carbs each.
What’s up docs?
Who’s ready for some Keto cream cheese filled carrot muffins? It was been a long week, and I, for one, am ready for a bit of a treat.
But aren’t carrots off limits on low carb and Keto diets?
I can see the Keto Police getting out their whistles. But before I hear, “Carrots aren’t low carb!”, let me make the case for the carrot, an unfairly maligned vegetable, in my opinion.
Yes, carrots are root vegetables, so they have more carbohydrate than greener, leafier vegetables.
But they actually rank very low on the glycemic index. And a medium sized carrot has just 4g net carbs. This recipe uses 1 carrot, divided by 9 servings, so you are only looking at .4g net carbs per muffin.
So let’s take a look at the other ingredients.
Here is what you'll need to make Keto cream cheese filled carrot muffins.
But how do you get the cream cheese filling to suspend in the middle of the muffins?
The batter is thick, so it’s not a problem. You’ll spoon a layer of the carrot muffin batter into the wells of the muffin pan, add a spoonful of filling in the middle, and spoon the remaining batter on top. Smooth the tops with your fingers and you are good to go.
Soon you’ll have a batch of delicious low carb carrot muffins.
These muffins are good and good for you. And each carrot cake Keto muffin has just 198 calories and 3g net carbs. So I proudly stand by my Keto carrot muffins.
Bring it on, carrot naysayers!Print
Keto Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
These cream cheese filled carrot cake Keto muffins are great grab-and-go snacks that have just 3g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 muffins 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons Isopure unsweetened protein powder
⅓ cup super fine almond flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter, softened
5 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
2 oz (1 medium carrot) grated carrot
¼ cup chopped pecans
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or line a muffin pan. You can use a large muffin pan (3 inch wide wells) and make 6 muffins, or use a standard muffin pan (2 ½ inch wide wells) and make 9 muffins.
2. In a medium sized bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together filling cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut flour, protein powder, almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt.
4. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter, sweetener and vanilla until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
5. Beat 1 egg into the butter mixture. Beat in ⅓ of the dry mixture, then 1 egg, then ⅓ of the dry, then 1 egg and remaining dry mixture.
6. Mix in heavy whipping cream and grated carrot.
7. Fill the wells of the muffin pan halfway up with batter. Add a spoonful of filling to the middle of each well. Top with the remaining batter.
8. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top and gently press them into the tops of the batter.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops of the muffins are firm and nuts are lightly browned.
STEP BY STEP PHOTOGRAPHS ARE BELOW THE RECIPE
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Keto Carrot Muffins, Low Carb Carrot Muffins, Cream Cheese Filled Carrot Muffins