This easy recipe for Keto Cheesy Beer Bread is low carb, gluten-free, grain-free and out of this world. And each slice has just 3g net carbs.
Greetings beer bread lovers.
That phrase might sound like an oxymoron, but it doesn't have to be. Just because you're on a low carb diet, that doesn't mean that you have to give up bread completely. Quite the opposite, actually. It just takes some low carb bread ninja skills to pull it off.
Take leavening agents, for example.
Today's Keto Cheesy Beer Bread recipe uses a combination of light beer and baking powder to make it rise. The beer gives the bread that yeasty fermented taste that regular high carb yeast bread has. And you get nice air pockets from the beer, as you do when carbon dioxide is released from yeast.
This low carb beer bread has a wonderful texture and a lovely crumb to it.
And the addition of cheddar cheese is, I have to say, pretty spectacular. It's the only thing that can improve upon beer and bread. Cheese is naturally low carb, so you can add it in and still have a slice of bread with only 3g net carbs. So go grab yourself a cold one, and let's make some low carb beer bread.
Keto Cheesy Beer Bread
This easy recipe for Keto Cheesy Beer Bread is low carb, grain free and out of this world. And each slice has just 3g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 55
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan liberally.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Add all wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
4. Fold in 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese on top.
7. Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Cover the loaf pan loosely with aluminum foil at minute 30 to keep it from browning too much.
8. Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
9. Place a small cutting board on top of the loaf pan and invert it and the loaf pan together to release the loaf from the pan.
10. Wait until the bread has cooled completely, before cutting it into slices.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 9
Keywords: Low Carb Beer Bread, Keto Beer Bread, Low Carb Cheesy Bread, Keto Cheesy Bread