This recipe for low carb and Keto chicken soup with cauliflower rice is pure comfort food. And each bowl has just 5g net carbs.
Today is the fourth in a series of cold rainy days this week.
So I’ve been thinking about how good a bowl of chicken soup with rice would be. It’s like that old Maurice Sendak children’s book.
“In January it’s so nice while slipping on the sliding ice to sip hot chicken soup with rice.”
Actual rice is out, of course, since I’m on a low carb diet.
But cauliflower rice is also quite nice. It packs more vegetables into the meal. And in this rich and creamy soup, you can barely notice the difference between the two.
This chicken soup is incredibly comforting.
It’s a simple cream of chicken soup with leeks, onions and cauliflower rice. The leeks and onions add a lovely oniony dimension to the soup and the heavy whipping cream makes it taste just wonderful. I can’t wait to dig in to my long awaited soup.
Finally, I’ll be “sipping once, sipping twice, sipping chicken soup with rice.”.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Soup with Cauliflower Rice
This recipe for low carb chicken soup with cauliflower rice is pure comfort food.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower, riced
1. Dice the onion and cut the leeks into thin strips. Cut the cauliflower into florets and then add to a food processor or high powered blender. Process until it’s the consistency of rice.
2. In a large soup pot or dutch oven, saute onion and leeks in butter until softened, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, broth, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook for 20 minutes. Add in the cauliflower rice and cook for 10 minutes more.
4. Remove from heat and cool slightly before running half of the soup mixture through the blender. Return to pot and stir in cream.
5. Heat until cream has warmed.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 26
Keywords: Low Carb Chicken Rice Soup, Keto Chicken Rice Soup, Paleo Chicken Rice Soup
If you liked this low carb soup recipe, then you might like my recipes for Chicken Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo, Chili Con Carne or Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup.