People are so weird.
I just watched a bunch of Youtube videos of people blowing up gingerbread houses. It is, I guess, a thing now.
And I’ll admit, these videos are oddly compelling. (below)
I only mention it because I am about to share a gingerbread recipe, and I don’t want anybody getting hurt. These low carb gingerbread cookies are soft and chewy and only have 3g net carbs each. They are easy to make and tasty to eat.
But please, I beg you, don’t blow these gingerbread cookies up.
Low Carb Keto Gingerbread Cookies
These low carb keto gingerbread cookies are exploding with flavor.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 20 medium sized cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
2 cups super fine almond flour
1/4 cup Isopure Protein Powder or equivalent zero carb protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 teaspoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
3 teaspoons gingerbread spice
1 large egg white
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup Yacon syrup or equivalent honey substitute
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
20 whole almonds, regular or blanched
1. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, granulated sweetener, and gingerbread spice.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together egg white, butter and yacon syrup.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
4. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper until it is 1/8 inch thick.
7. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and add to the prepared cookie sheets.
8. Mix together egg yolk and almond milk wash. Brush mixture over each cookie.
9. Place an almond in the center of each cookie.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes until firm and slightly browned around the edges.
11. Cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Cholesterol: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Gingerbread Cookies, Keto Gingerbread Cookies, Keto Cookies
If you like cookies like this one, then you might like my Compost, Molasses, and Shortbread Cookies.
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: