A big ole plate of low carb baked ziti has just 12g net carbs.
1. Rinse penne noodles and dry with paper towels as best as you can. Add noodles to a large high sided skillet and dry roast over Medium High heat until dried, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and add to a large bowl.
2. Heat olive oil in the same large skillet over Medium heat. Add garlic and onions and saute for 2 minutes until softened.
3. Turn the heat up to Medium High and add ground beef to the skillet. Cook until fully browned and cooked through, about 7-9 minutes. Drain off excess fat if necessary.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes, vinegar, sweetener and spices to the pan and bring to a low boil. Simmer for 10 minutes on Low. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and get out a standard size loaf pan.
6. Remove 2 cups of the sauce from the skillet add it to the bowl with the noodles. Mix well. Add in ricotta, parmesan and beaten egg and mix to combine. Don’t over mix. You want to leave some large chunks of cheese in there.
6. Pour half of the noodle mixture into the loaf pan. Cover with half of the remaining tomato sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese. You may have a little bit of sauce left over.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling.
8. Sprinkle parsley on top before serving.
Keywords: Low Carb Baked Ziti, Keto Baked Ziti, Paleo Baked Ziti