Some mornings, require a little hair of the dog.
And today’s recipe for low carb Bloody Marys is perfect for just such a situation. But it’s also great for a decadent weekend brunch. You can splurge and yet still stay on your low carb diet.
I can’t mix up a batch of Bloody Marys without singing Tina Turner’s “Proud Mary” to myself.
I shared a great performance of the song a few months back. But today I found something extra special. It’s a video of Beyonce performing the song for Tina Turner at the Kennedy Center Honors. (below) Beyonce’s rendition of “Proud Mary” is off the hook!
Also off the hook, are these low carb Bloody Marys.
They are the perfect blend of veggies, spice and booze. This tomato juice and vodka cocktail is all about the garnishes, in my opinion. The more outrageous the veggie garnishes, the better the Bloody Mary.
For the Bloody Marys I made today, I threaded tomatoes, olives and bacon on wooden skewers and added in some parsley fronds for good measure.
And I mixed up cocktails consisting of V8 High Fiber Vegetable Juice, Vodka, Worcestershire Sauce, Swerve Sweetener, lemon juice, black pepper and hot sauce. With all these healthy ingredients, I dare say that these cocktails might even be… good for you? Well. It’s debatable.
But now it’s time for me to get rollin, rollin, rollin on a river.
Low Carb Keto Bloody Mary
This low carb Bloody Mary is the perfect cocktail for weekend brunch. You can splurge but still stay on your diet.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: American
4 oz V8 High Fiber Vegetable Juice or equivalent tomato juice
3 oz vodka
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2–3 drops hot sauce, optional
2 wooden skewers
parsley or celery fronds
1 slice bacon
8 green olives
3 grape tomatoes, mixed varieties
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Pierce a slice of bacon with a wooden skewer. Add an olive, then pierce the bacon again. Go back and forth between olives and bacon as if you were sewing the bacon with the skewer.
3. Place bacon skewer on cookie sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes until bacon reaches desired doneness. Set aside to cool.
4. Arrange grape tomatoes and remaining olives on another skewer.
5. In a large glass, mix all cocktail ingredients. Taste for salt and add more salt if desired.
6. Add ice to the glass.
7. Arrange parsley or celery and wooden skewers in the glass and serve.
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 4
Keywords: low carb bloody mary, keto bloody mary, paleo bloody mary