Right now I’m just sitting here, eating some delicious low carb chicken divan casserole and catching up on my Internet memes. It seems that I am late to the party on a new one.
It’s a global phenomenon known as “Baby Shark”. (video below)
“Baby Shark” is a kid’s song and animation from Japan that has about 1.8 billion views as of this minute. Since the world has only 7 billion people, I’m kind of amazed that I haven’t heard about it before now.
But this runaway meme has spawned a video challenge too.
It’s called the #BabySharkChallenge and it has adults and kids performing the ridiculously catchy song and videotaping it. Which brings me to today’s video: The Biggest “Baby Shark” ever with James Corden, Sophie Turner and Josh Groban. (video below) It is truly a thing of beauty.
Also a thing of beauty: this chicken divan casserole I just made.
It’s pure comfort food. This low carb casserole is made up of chicken and broccoli in a cream cheese and mayonnaise sauce, topped with melted cheddar cheese. I could eat this stuff all day. And with only 3g net carbs, it wouldn’t even be that bad for me if I did. With a Keto casserole like this one, you can splurge a little. Ok, it’s time for me to sing myself out.
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo…
Low Carb Keto Chicken Divan Casserole
It’s time for low carb chicken divan casserole, a classic dish that is super easy to make.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, fat removed and cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
12 oz bag of fresh broccoli florets
8 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9 x 13 or 7 1/2 x 11 inch casserole dish.
2. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4, Add cream cheese cubes, mustard and mayonnaise to the pan and cook over Medium heat until melted and combined. Add chicken back into the pan and mix to coat.
5. Punch a hole in the bag of broccoli and microwave for 3 minutes. Add broccoli to the bottom of the casserole dish.
6. Pour chicken mixture on top of broccoli,
7. Sprinkle cheese on top.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted. Broil for a minute or two, if you want the cheese to be browned.
9. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 33
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 17
If you liked this chicken dinner, then you might like these recipes for Chicken Fricassee, Chicken Tikka Masala, or Chicken Fingers.