This recipe for Low Carb Keto Chicken Ramen Soup is a low carb take on a classic dorm room meal.
8 cups boiling water
2 1/2 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon or equivalent bouillon
2 1/2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 rotisserie chicken
2 tablespoons rotisserie chicken pan juice
4 large eggs, soft boiled
2 (7oz) packages Miracle Noodles or equivalent shirataki noodles
4 scallions, sliced diagonally
cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Add eggs to a medium sized saucepan and fill with water to 1 inch above eggs. Bring to a rolling boil over High Heat. Lower the heat to Medium and boil for 5 minutes. (This will give them a soft yolk. For a harder yolk add 4 minutes to cook time.) Dunk eggs in cold water and peel them when they are cool enough to touch. Slice eggs in half.
2. In a medium sized saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add bouillon, pan grease and coconut aminos or soy sauce to the pan and stir until dissolved. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pull the rotisserie chicken into bite sized pieces.
4. Slice scallions diagonally into 1 inch long pieces. Use the dark end as well as the light ends.
5. Add shirataki noodles to a colander and rinse with water.
6. Add shirataki noodles and chicken to the hot broth and cook until they are heated through.
7. Compose 4 large bowls of soup, adding 1/4 of the noodles, broth, scallions and eggs to each bowl. 8. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve immediately.
Almost all of the carbohydrate comes from the Better Than Bouillon, so calculate your carb count based on how much of the broth you eat.
Keywords: Low Carb Ramen Noodle Soup, Keto Ramen Noodle Soup, Paleo Ramen Noodle Soup