These festive low carb and Keto almond meringue cookies are shaped like little Christmas trees. They are super cute.
Welp, it’s late November.
Time to watch old Christmas movies and bake up some holiday cookies and treats. That’s the tradition at my house anyway. Our favorite old Christmas movie has to be the classic musical, White Christmas. It’s a 1954 picture starring Danny Kaye, Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Allen. They play performers who are thrown together by chance over the holidays. Here’s one of my favorite scenes, the Hanes Sisters singing “Sisters”. (video below)
But the second best scene comes soon afterwards.
It’s Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye performing the very same musical number. It’s a hoot. (video below)
But ok, let’s get to the low carb cookery. Today I’m going to share a simple recipe for Keto almond meringue cookies that are shaped like tiny little Christmas trees.
To make them, you start with 4 egg whites.
You whip them up with salt, cream of tartar, powdered sugar-free sweetener, almond extract and green food coloring. Pipe the meringue into little Christmas three shapes. Top them with glitter stars and bake them in a 200 degree oven for 2 hours. And you’re done. You’ll have a batch of sugar-free, nearly zero carb meringue cookies to enjoy over the holidays.
Low Carb Keto Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies
These festive low carb almond meringue cookies are shaped like little Christmas trees. They are super cute.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 120
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 18 meringues 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
4 egg whites, at room temperature
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
6 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1 teaspoon almond extract
10 drops green food coloring
- Lower your oven racks to the bottom, and second from the bottom rungs. Place a large sheet of tin foil on the second to bottom rack to shield the cookies from the heating element so they don’t brown too much. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F and cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, salt and cream of tartar.
- Whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Slowly, add powdered sweetener to the egg whites, one tablespoon at a time, while continuing to whip with the electric mixer. Whip until sweetener is fully incorporated and the mixture is glossy.
- Add almond extract and food coloring and whip for 30 seconds more.
- Add the mixture to a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Pipe the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet in a 1 inch spiral. Continue piping in a circular upward motion until it forms a conical tree shape.
- Sprinkle edible glitter stars on top.
- Put the cookie sheet on the bottom rack off the oven, below the tin foil.
- Bake for 1 hour at 200 degrees F.
- Keep the oven door closed, but turn off the heat. Allow the cookies to dry in the oven for 1 hour more.
- Check that the cookies are firm and dry before carefully removing them from the parchment paper with a pancake turner.
- Serving Size: 3 cookies
- Calories: 13
- Fat: <1
- Carbohydrates: <1
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Christmas Cookies, Keto Christmas Cookies, Sugar-Free Christmas Cookies
If you liked these low carb meringue cookies, then you might like my recipes for almond meringue cookies, jello meringue cookies, or lemon meringue cookies.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.