Greetings Jello fans.
Today we’re going to make a very retro dessert, so I thought I’d start us off with a very retro band. Here is a great video of the B52’s singing “My Own Private Idaho”. I love everything about this video. (video below)
But let’s get back to our recipe of the day: Low Carb Cranberry Pecan Jello Salad.
This is a low carb and sugar-free version of a classic Jello dessert. And like those old Jello ads used to say, “Now’s the time for JELLO.”
This Jello dessert is made from Sugar-Free Cherry Jello, cranberries, orange zest and pecans.
You start by boiling a bag of cranberries until they pop. You add in orange zest, sugar-free sweetener and Jello. Then you refrigerate it until it thickens enough to suspend the pecans. Mix in the pecans, pour the mixture into a Jello ring mold or a bowl and chill it for at least 6 hours. And you are done! You’ll have a delicious Jello salad with only 90 calories and 1g net carbs per serving.
Very hip, Daddy-O.Print
Low Carb Keto Cranberry Pecan Jello Salad
This recipe for Low Carb Keto Cranberry Pecan Jello Salad is a very retro dessert with just 90 calories and 1g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
12oz bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
4 cups water
4 (.3)oz boxes Sugar-Free Cherry Jello
1 tablespoon orange zest (from 1 small orange)
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener, optional*
2 cups ice
1 cup finely chopped pecans
- You can use a medium sized bowl or a Jello mold to make this recipe. If you are using a Jello mold, then you should measure how much water fills up your mold. Then calculate how much Jello you’ll need. Subtract 1 cup for the cranberries and pecans. Then use the ratio of 1 cup water per 1 package Jello. And use 1/2 cup ice for every cup of Jello liquid.
- Add cranberries and water to a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until cranberries pop, 10 minutes.
- Mix in Jello, orange zest, and sweetener* and stir until dissolved.
- Mix in ice and stir until dissolved.
- Put the sauce pan in the refrigerator until the Jello has thickened but not set, 45-60 minutes. Stir the mixture every 15 minutes so that the edges don’t set. It’s ready when you can suspend the pecans and cranberries in the liquid.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour the mixture into a ring mold or medium sized bowl and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- To release the Jello from the mold, dip the mold into a pan of hot water for 10-20 seconds. Place a plate on top of the mold and carefully invert. If the Jello doesn’t release at first, dip it into the hot water for another 10 seconds and try again. If using a bowl, serve directly from the bowl with a serving spoon.
*The extra sweetener is optional because the Jello has its own sweetener. I find that a little Swerve evens out the taste though.
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Low Carb Jello Salad, Keto Jello Salad, Sugar Free Jello Salad