“Quiche La Poodle Is her name, and having a good time on a crummy day is our game.
Quiche, Quiche Lorraine” – The B52’s
Today I’ve been cooking up some Quiche Lorraine, so obviously I’ve had the B52’s “Quiche Lorraine” stuck in my head all morning. (video below) It’s the sad tale of a man and his poodle who is dyed dark green. She’s got “sunglasses and a bonnet and designer jeans with appliques on it.” Unfortunately, she leaves him for a Great Dane. So it’s a rather sad song, actually.
Anyhoo, let’s talk low carb quiche.
These tasty mini quiches skip the carb loaded crust and use bacon instead. So each mini quiche has just 1g net carbs. They make the perfect brunch or grab-and-go snack.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, snacks are everything when you are on a low carb diet.
If you don’t have a low carb snack to reach for when you are feeling peckish, then you’ll be tempted to go back to your old ways. Resist! You have to if you want to make this diet work.
There, I’ve said my piece. Now let’s get cooking on these low carb egg and bacon egg cups.
You start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and spraying a standard sized muffin pan liberally with cooking spray.
Then you bake 12 slices of thinly sliced bacon until cooked through but not crispy. About 10-15 minutes.
While the bacon is cooking, you can mix together the filling. Using an electric mixer, mix up cream, water and a few eggs until light and frothy.
Mix in Swiss cheese.
Make each slice of bacon into a circle on the walls of the muffin wells. Pour about two ladles of the egg mixture into each well.
Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes until puffed and browned on top. The quiches will deflate as they cool.
And you’re done.
You’ll have a tasty low carb snack or brunch with only 1g net carbs each. Just perfect for you and your poodle Quiche.
Low Carb Keto Quiche Lorraine Egg and Bacon Cups
This is a recipe for low carb and keto Quiche Lorraine made like a baked egg cup with bacon in place of a crust. It’s a tasty brunch or snack with only 1g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 mini quiches 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: French
12 thinly sliced pieces of bacon
5 large eggs
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 tablespoons water
3/4 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a standard sized muffin pan liberally with cooking spray. Cover 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
2. Place 6 slices of bacon on cookie sheet and 6 pieces on the other. Bake for 10-15 minutes until bacon is cooked through but still pliable. You don’t want the bacon to be crispy.
3. Drain the slices of bacon on paper towels and allow them to cool enough to let you handle them.
4. While the bacon is cooking, you can mix together the filling. Using an electric mixer, mix up cream, water and eggs until light and frothy.
5. Mix in Swiss cheese.
6. Make each slice of bacon into a circle on the walls of the muffin wells.
7. Pour the egg mixture into the wells of the muffin pan about 3/4 of the way full,. It takes about 2 ladles of egg mixture for each quiche.
8. Bake in the 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes until puffed and browned on top. The quiches will deflate as they cool. Use a rubber spatula to carefully remove the quiches from pan.
9. Can be served hot or as a cold snack later.
- Serving Size: 2 mini quiches
- Calories: 283
- Fat: 24
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 14
Keywords: Low Carb Quiche Lorraine, Keto Quiche Lorraine, Low Carb Egg Cup, Keto Egg Cup