Greetings low carb travelers.
Today I’m going to share my recipe for one of the world’s greatest comfort foods: rice pudding. Warm or cold, this pudding always hits the spot. “But rice is off limits on a low carb diet!” you might say. Well, stay with me for a minute as I tell you the next bit. Sit down. Ok, here goes- this rice pudding is made with cauliflower rice.
Everybody still with me?
Ok, good. It’s actually not as weird as it seems. We ask cauliflower to stand in for all kinds of things on a low carb diet. Rice, potatoes, even cream. So today we’re going to sweeten some cauliflower rice with a sugar-free brown sugar substitute, spice it with cinnamon, and fill it with plump unsweetened dried cranberries. Once we give it this little makeover, you’ll never suspect there is cauliflower in your pudding. And the great part is that each serving of rice pudding has just 4g net carbs.
So let’s take a moment, and bask in the mighty power of cauliflower.
Low Carb Keto Rice Pudding with Craisins
This recipe for Low Carb Keto Rice Pudding with Craisins is the ultimate comfort food. And each serving has just 4g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1 1/2 cup (12 oz) cauliflower rice, frozen or fresh
1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine cauliflower rice, dried cranberries, cinnamon, brown sugar substitute, almond milk, cream and salt in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it gets too dry, then add more almond milk. The cauliflower should always be topped with a little bit of liquid.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Quickly mix in 1/4 cup of the cauliflower mixture into the eggs to temper them. Return the yolk mixture to the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Can be served warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Low Carb Rice Pudding, Keto Rice Pudding, Cauliflower Rice Pudding
If you liked this low carb cauliflower recipe, then you might like my recipes for Cauliflower Fried Rice, Chicken Soup with Rice or Spanish Rice with Chicken.
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: