This recipe is for a fresh low carb and Keto strawberry pie with only 6g net carbs per slice.
“Let me take you down cause I’m going to… Strawberry Fields.”
I made a strawberry pie today, so I decided to get my Beatles on. It turns out that “Strawberry Fields Forever” is even trippier than I remembered.
The Beatles video below is actually one of the first music videos ever made.
It revolved around this wild looking instrument called a Mellotron. It was a keyboard that triggered loops of recorded taped instruments at different pitches. It’s similar to the idea of a synthesizer except it plays actual recordings of the instruments. It made for this trippy, warbley flute sound. Very groovy.
Strawberries are in season right now so I’ve been snatching them up at the farmer’s market. Local farm grown strawberries are just the best. They are so much more flavorful than the ones you buy at the grocery store. They’re like little candies.
But any kind of strawberry is good in this Low Carb Keto Strawberry Pie.
To make the pie, you start with an almond and coconut flour crust. Then you make a glazed strawberry filling using fresh strawberries and Sugar Free Strawberry Jello. And that’s about it. You’ll have a tasty low carb strawberry pie with only 5g net carb per slice. Very groovy indeed.
Strawberry fields forever!
Low Carb Keto Strawberry Pie
This recipe is for a fresh low carb strawberry pie with only 6g net carbs per slice.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the almond flour and whey protein powder together in a medium sized bowl. Add the egg and melted butter and mix well.
3. Press the dough into the bottom and up the side of a glass or ceramic pie pan. Poke holes in the crust with a fork to let out steam.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
5. Add sweetener and water to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and add in Sugar Free Jello. Mix well to dissolve.
6. Pour Jello mixture over strawberries and mix well to coat.
7. Add strawberries to the pie pan and spread out evenly.
8. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 3 hours.
*If you take this pie to a party, make sure to clearly mark that it contains nuts. Most people don’t expect a pie to use almond flour, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat it.
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 9
Keywords: Low Carb Strawberry Pie, Keto Strawberry Pie
If you liked this Strawberry Shortcake, then you might like my recipes for Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler, Berry Shortcake or Strawberry Layer Cake