If you are looking for the best low carb snack on the whole Internet, then look no further, because this Keto granola is for you. It’s grain-free, gluten-free sugar-free and has just 5g net carbs. This low carb granola recipe is not to be missed.
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 tablespoon coconut butter
2 large egg whites
5 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F and get out parchment paper, a large cookie sheet and an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan.
2. Add the almonds and pecans to the parchment covered cookie sheet. Toast nuts for 4-5 minutes until just starting to brown. Add coconut flakes and toast for 2-3 minutes more. Keep a close eye on them because it is very easy to burn them.
3. Add nuts and coconut flour to a blender and pulse. Shake the blender to mix the ground nuts and the un ground nuts. Pulse and shake a couple more times until the nuts are all broken up but not completed ground up.
4. Add almond butter and coconut butter to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until melted. Stir together until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sweetener and cinnamon.
6. Mix in the coconut and almond butter mixtures.
7. Mix together the wet and the dry ingredients. Fold in sesame seeds. Fold in chocolate chips or dried cranberries if you are using them.*
8. Use the parchment that you used to toast the nuts to line a 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan. Press the parchment paper into the bottom of the pan and fold the paper at the corners. You don’t need to do it, but it helps if you grease the pan beforehand, because then the parchment paper will stick to the sides and bottom of the pan.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes until just starting to brown. Cool the granola mixture in the pan for 1 hour.
10. Cut the granola roughly to break it into large pieces.
11. Use you hands to crumble the mixture into clusters.
*The dried cranberries and chocolate chips or optional, but they add some different flavors and textures to the mix.
THERE ARE STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOGRAPHS BELOW THE RECIPE
Keywords: Low Carb Granola, Keto Granola, Gluten Free Granola, Sugar Free Granola